Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Re: WoW: Battle Reports
Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #151
MrCoffee
Knight

Now Playing: WoW
Default Re: WoW: Battle Reports

I have a lvl 31 NE hunter on Gul'dan, I dislike the horde strictly because blizzard favors them so much

Old 03-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #152
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT

I'm really leveling fast with my Warlock (http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?921737). I'm doing a lot of Maraudon and Sunken Temple runs. I like Maraudon better, but ST has better drops for me.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #153
Dyne
Or should I say.. smanger

Now Playing: Infinity Blade II, Duke Nukem Forever, Skyrim, Vanquish

I'm really playing a lot now because I have a computer than can play it.

I'm currently having a lot of fun with my level 15 orc warrior. I just got shoulderpads for the first time.

I would beg more but my character is pretty ugly. I've only gotten about a combined 8 gold from people, 5 from one person. Some people are nice and others don't even care.

I've played quite a few matches of Capture the Flag. I've only "captured" once and we've lost every time. One time this group of twinks was spawn-camping us and I reported them. That's why I hate the Alliance. They don't play fair in 10-19.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #154
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Argh, you're one of those beggers? I HATE THOSE. I always do /point, /lol, /shoo. If they're consistent, I ignore them. If I meet 2 in 10 minutes, I tell in general chat that I will /ignore everybody who asks for money.

If you need money: go play. Or be a smart dealer, that's what I love. I know it when people sell stuff for a low price.... I buy it and resell it a few days later. I've only made a loss on 1 item (Devout Belt [from set for priests]), but it was only 4G. I've made a lot more with other deals.

I have another nice business: elixir of demonslaying. My bro's hunter makes them, I buy the mats for him and resell the elixirs with 2G profit each.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 03-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #155
MuGen
Fuuton Rasenshuriken

Now Playing: Enchanted Arms PS3

my level 60 gryphon master is getting bored.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #156
Dyne
Or should I say.. smanger

Now Playing: Infinity Blade II, Duke Nukem Forever, Skyrim, Vanquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyarion
Argh, you're one of those beggers? I HATE THOSE. I always do /point, /lol, /shoo. If they're consistent, I ignore them. If I meet 2 in 10 minutes, I tell in general chat that I will /ignore everybody who asks for money.

If you need money: go play. Or be a smart dealer, that's what I love. I know it when people sell stuff for a low price.... I buy it and resell it a few days later. I've only made a loss on 1 item (Devout Belt [from set for priests]), but it was only 4G. I've made a lot more with other deals.

I have another nice business: elixir of demonslaying. My bro's hunter makes them, I buy the mats for him and resell the elixirs with 2G profit each.
No, I'm not "one of those beggers." Don't put me into that stupid stereotype profile, please. I've begged three times in total, extremely polite whispers (never more than once), and the 5 gold guy was just giving it away because I'm a noob.

I can respect the fact begging is stupid and people should just play, but I don't have very much time to play WoW.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:28 AM   #157
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyne
... but I don't have very much time to play WoW.
That's a bad excuse. I've thought about that.... people who play a lot have much money and good items..... which seems unfair to others. But the point is, those who play a lot will have much more fun with them. It's 'a waste' when you have expensive equipment while you're almost never online.....

Anyway.... whatever.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?921737
My updated profile.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:33 AM   #158
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Yesterday I played with my brother's 31 warrior, I tanked in Gnomeregan. I really love tanking. Maybe I'll play a bit more with the warrior.

With my warlock I'm in 1 of the best guilds on the server... They're doing all instances.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #159
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Need a little help here:

I just hit 40, and I need to farm some gold for the mount and armor upgrade. What is the best way to farm gold for level 40? I've heard the best is multiple solo VC run throughs, but that seems like a lot of time for not that much of a return considering the level.

Any ideas?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #160
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life

I've only ever leveled two characters past 40, but I somehow always managed to have enough green ready for a mount when I hit the level. I played a rogue once to 60 and had a lot more money than my other character (hunter), even managed an epic mount very shortly after I hit the cap. I've never actually farmed much, but it does depend on your class I think. As a rogue I would sometimes run around this one blood elf camp in Azshara. I pickpocket them for a about 90s a piece, then kill em in like 3 strikes, and collect another 90 or so silver, plus some loot (one time I got a epic weapon off of them, lots of blues and sh*t too).

If you have a craft like leatherworking, fight those enemies that you can skin and also drop money (think its the yetis).

Old 08-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #161
Spasmolytic

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Diablo 2, Suikoden V

If you're a miner, the perimeter of the Charred Vale in Stonetalon Mountains is home to a lot of Mithril (and a few times Iron, copper/tin, or a lucky Truesilver).

It's also good to play the Auction House. That is, keep an eye out for Blues and Purples that are underpriced, then resell them at regular price. Or, look for high quanitites of items (causing an overall drop in price) and buy it out; then, when the price returns to regular, you can sell it all back slowly.

Also, if you're a miner, sometimes you can find small amounts of ores in the AH for cheap. For instance, if a stack of 20 Mithril were to cost 4g, and you see a few small stacks of 5 mithril ore (or bars) selling for about 50s, you can smelt it (ore) or stack it (bar) to gain some fast and easy cash.

Incomplete stacks can often times be cheaper per unit than complete stacks. However, the opposite can also be true in some circumstances. So, keep an eye out for trade goods (pearls, gems, ore, cloth, and such) that could sell for more individually or as complete stacks.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #162
thatmariolover
GameTavern Plumber

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S
Need a little help here:

I just hit 40, and I need to farm some gold for the mount and armor upgrade. What is the best way to farm gold for level 40? I've heard the best is multiple solo VC run throughs, but that seems like a lot of time for not that much of a return considering the level.

Any ideas?
What class are you and what are your professions?

Both of those questions are extremely important for how you're going to earn your money in WoW. As for armor, you should really do dungeons for the BoP armor provided. Gnomer is getting a bit below you, but Scarlet Monestary would be a really good place to hit up with a 5-man group.

Re: WoW: Battle Reposts
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #163
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour
Default Re: WoW: Battle Reposts

Realm Alleria
Character Astrain
Level 6 Paladin

My first day in the WoW went something like this: I materialized in front of Northshire Abby and basically stood motionless for a good long while not knowing what to do. Any passerby would have probably noticed drool slowly escaping my mouth. A female character approached, laughed at me, then opened a trade window. She had to do this a couple times before I caught on what I was supposed to do to complete her requested transaction. I received some tarnished armor and a better mace than the one I was born with. Not the best equipment but much better than what I would have been able to procure on my own for some time. I figure she sensed my confusion and took pity on me.

Afterwards I began exploring and started learning the mechanics of the game. I completed a few quests and joined the Agony guild. One thing I'd like to know is why can't anyone in this world deliver letters their damn selves? Here's what a typical quest involves:

Person A: Give letter to person B
Person B: Go to person C to get permission for A and B to do something.
Person C: Go to person D and fetch an item for A and B
Person D: Go kill E, F, G, and H to get needed materials for person C.

I really want to play as the Undead but a friend of mine from my sims online days got me into this game and she plays as Alliance. I'll probably start an undead character on a different server later.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:33 PM   #164
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
One thing I'd like to know is why can't anyone in this world deliver letters their damn selves? Here's what a typical quest involves:

Person A: Give letter to person B
Person B: Go to person C to get permission for A and B to do something.
Person C: Go to person D and fetch an item for A and B
Person D: Go kill E, F, G, and H to get needed materials for person C.
That kind of crap is more or less exclusive to the Human starting areas, delivering letters and crap. There's a lot of stupid quests like that around Elwynn and Westfall, Redridge and etc. I had a lot of fun in the Night Elf and Undead starting areas. The Undead quests are probably the coolest, they freakin hate everyone and eveything so you spend most of your time making horrible poisons for traitors, stealing sh*t from other undead, and all around just killing pretty much everything.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #165
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour

Muahaha I can't wait...