Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Re: SCIV - Where the hell's the thread?!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #16
Dyne
Or should I say.. smanger

Now Playing: Infinity Blade II, Duke Nukem Forever, Skyrim, Vanquish
Default Re: SCIV - Where the hell's the thread?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null View Post
there really is no switch to 3d for SF4, its still a 2d fighter. just 3d graphics, which really doesnt change anything. except for animations on certain moves and finishers.

3D fighters tend to bore me pretty quickly though.
Wasn't "pixel-perfect hits" a big thing for SFIII? That's the first thing my friend Lee said when he heard about IV, he was worried that 3D would make collision much more difficult on the models.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Thespis721
Duke

Now Playing: Ninja Gaiden 2

Well, I'm a 360 owner so really... there's no choice but with Yoda.

Any word on what exactly you're getting extra in terms of character content with the special edition? I'm all about character creation, but I'm also all about not spending $10.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
Dyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespis721 View Post
Well, I'm a 360 owner so really... there's no choice but with Yoda.

Any word on what exactly you're getting extra in terms of character content with the special edition? I'm all about character creation, but I'm also all about not spending $10.
It basically doubles what you get at the start. I personally love the jolly roger cape and can't imagine not having it.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #19
Thespis721
Duke

Okay. Is there any resource online that I can find this information? If it is that much, I can see that being troublesome to mention.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #20
Null
The Nullified One

Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
Wasn't "pixel-perfect hits" a big thing for SFIII? That's the first thing my friend Lee said when he heard about IV, he was worried that 3D would make collision much more difficult on the models.
from the reactions at e3, and the interviews with capcom, they said something felt off, then they did something to it by request, and then it started to feel perfect. thing is with it being a 3d fighter in 3d, its much easier to get that 2d hitbox style than in a 3d fighter where you cant have it.

never know untill you play it of course, but from those that have i've heard nothing but good things. and the game has me a lot more interested than SC2-4 does.

plus im still pissed about them taking out my favorite feature (team battle) in SC3 =(

DS Friends Code:
300 721 299 757

Wii Friends Code:
4481 4992 4915 9887

Old 08-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
Thespis721
Duke

Do we have an official release date for Street Fighter? I was under the impression it wasn't even coming out this year and if that's the case, why NOT get Soul Caliber 4?

Also, anyone else confirm the vast variety of content coming from the Premium Edition? If it were to buy it, it would be for the content, not for the shirt that is 3 sizes too big for me.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #22
Dyne

Quote:
Okay. Is there any resource online that I can find this information? If it is that much, I can see that being troublesome to mention.
Hmm, I tried to look, but it's probably like 30 items, plus you get the final forms of the Soul Edge and the Soul Calibur for every character unlocked right away. If you think you'll be into character creation, then you're not going to want to miss it.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #23
Thespis721
Duke

Yeah, I see what you mean.

I have no problem playing the game to unlock these things but if they aren't available at all unless you get the Premium Edition........

Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #24
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Yeah, I see what you mean.

I have no problem playing the game to unlock these things but if they aren't available at all unless you get the Premium Edition........
That's incredibly stupid if that's true. I can understand giving out other freebies like the T-Shirts or whatever, and even unlocking some extra content early on, but actually taking stuff out of the regular game seems like a terrible idea: to make a game worse than it actually is. It's like selling a movie, but saying you have to pay 10 extra dollars to see the ending.

Besides, all of that extra stuff is in EVERY game, including the regular, they've just added a few lines of code to make it not available in the cheaper one. There's just something wrong about doing that, and I wouldn't pay the 10 extra dollars on a moral principle if that is the case. :P

Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #25
Dyne

It wouldn't surprise me if they offered the same package later for $15 without all the extras. Hahaha.

But yeah, I think the only things you can unlock are the Soul Edge and the Soul Calibur.

Vampyr: It's not like that at all. You input a promotional card and then it sends you to a special download page where you download it all. It probably is all in the game anyways, just like Yoda and Vader, but those apparently won't be unlocked either.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #26
Fox 6
John Lennon in '67

Now Playing: Xbox 360

Thespis avatar =

Old 08-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #27
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
Vampyr: It's not like that at all. You input a promotional card and then it sends you to a special download page where you download it all. It probably is all in the game anyways, just like Yoda and Vader, but those apparently won't be unlocked either.
That's still pretty much the same. What I'm saying is that they already have all that stuff written up that could be included in the game, but it isn't. It sounds like something that could have raised the review scores of the game by a point or a few fractions of a point, but instead they chose to make the regular game slightly worse to try and profit from it.

I believe that when people make -anything-, whether be music, a movie, or a game, they should put everything they have into it. I just get tired of things that are halfway done because they know it will turn a profit anyway. Why settle for doing something good when you could do it great?

And then there's the aspect that you're paying for the game, but aren't able to use everything on it. The Vader/Yoda thing is different, because it's meant more to be a treat for the people that own each console, you can't pay extra money and get Yoda on your PS3 game, and most people aren't going to buy both versions of the game for that reason. It's the same reason I hate Apple.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #28
Dyne

I think the premium edition includes all the out-of-universe stuff, like the sailor uniforms and business suits and pirate paraphernalia, so I can see why they kept it seperate.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #29
Thespis721
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox 6 View Post
Thespis avatar =

I made it there just for you guys. Just for you guys. Even if what I say is meaningless and inane, you still have that to look at.

I see the point of the argument of not including everything. I agree. As someone who works in the arts, I never sit and think about how I'm going to make something for people to see but then charge them an additional fee to watch more afterwards. Everything is a whole. But also, if it's just cheap little extra stuff, I can see them inserting that like DLC is nowadays.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #30
Dyne

Hahaha, I saw some awesome characters today. I saw George Lucas, and a very convincing Lara Croft.

Today I created "Femme Fatale", a Zesalamus clone. So hot. Also, I changed my Ada into an almost-perfect Ada Wong from RE. As well, I have a Talim-style character named Bas Rutten (as in the one that appears in The Mens Room in GTA.) I gave him Talim's style because it's the closest one to MMA. I killed a guy 5 times and he kept calling me a "gay faggot" (lol) so I edited him up to make him look more badass. I put all-black executioner stuff on him, MMA-like shorts, and a Death Cloak. He looks way more badass now. I pretty much HAD to edit him, because someone performed a soul crush on me and my trousers were knocked off, and all I had left was a loincloth on this 50+ muscle 50+ physique. I messaged my opponent "That was disturbing" after and he replied "YES, YES IT WAS. O_O".

Man, so good. I kind of.. played for 5 hours and forgot about work this afternoon.