Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Old 06-21-2002, 12:55 AM   #16
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by Biohazard
You think that's a bad thing because you're either a GCN fanboy, or a Xbox fanboy.

You're telling me you don't even like GTA3!!!???
"No, it sucks. the series has always sucked. GTA3 is better than the others, but it still sucks"

That's basically what he said in this other topic in the PS2 forum

Old 06-21-2002, 12:56 AM   #17
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

Maybe there's other reaons why it's bad? *gasp* No... never. But yes, I admit it, I'm a Xbox whore. No denying it

And no I don't like GTA3, but thanks for asking.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:03 AM   #18
Nine Inch Nail
Marquis

Now Playing:
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by gekko
Maybe there's other reaons why it's bad? *gasp* No... never. But yes, I admit it, I'm a Xbox whore. No denying it

And no I don't like GTA3, but thanks for asking.
I just find it hard to believe that you don't like one single solitary game on PS2.

I use to be somewhat of a "Xbox whore" myself, but then I broadened my horizon. Halo, Morrowind, and Rallisport are the only games I even like for the Xbox.

*thinks about Xbox Live*

Old 06-21-2002, 01:13 AM   #19
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

I never said I didn't like any games for PS2. Just those on the list sucked, the Japanese have no taste. And your list isn't that great, but DMC and GT3 were good.

And I'm kidding about the Xbox whore thing. I like GC far more, but do play my Xbox, for Outlaw Golf, World Series Baseball, and MotoGP. Own Morrowind on PC, don't care for rally racing at this time, and own Halo, but don't care for it on Xbox. Mac is another story.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:36 AM   #20
Nine Inch Nail
Marquis

Now Playing:
Arrow

Quote:
I never said I didn't like any games for PS2. Just those on the list sucked, the Japanese have no taste. And your list isn't that great, but DMC and GT3 were good.

And I'm kidding about the Xbox whore thing. I like GC far more, but do play my Xbox, for Outlaw Golf, World Series Baseball, and MotoGP. Own Morrowind on PC, don't care for rally racing at this time, and own Halo, but don't care for it on Xbox. Mac is another story.
Oh, so you're a GCN fanboy...

*shudders*

Old 06-21-2002, 09:32 AM   #21
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

Uhh... no. Hating PS2 and Xbox doesn't make me a GC fanboy pal, then I would have to be biased towards GC, and I'm really not. I'm more anti-PS2 and anti-Xbox than pro-GC

I'm a Sega fanboy, and a Mac fanboy. And I would easily give up my GC, PS2, and Xbox for DC alive and kickin. Best... system... ever.

Old 06-21-2002, 09:42 AM   #22
fingersman
The sexiest man in Gametavern

Now Playing: with God and opporunities

I like GTA3 .....the only thing that makes it different really is the 3d graphics otherwise it's basically the same as 1 and 2.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:45 PM   #23
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Quote:
I'm a Sega fanboy, and a Mac fanboy. And I would easily give up my GC, PS2, and Xbox for DC alive and kickin. Best... system... ever.
Yeah y'see, that's even worse than being an NGC fanboy

Old 06-21-2002, 02:03 PM   #24
Shadow_Link
The PsYcHo

Now Playing:

Mmmmm... All types of fanboys are bad...

Old 06-21-2002, 04:46 PM   #25
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

It always amazes me how hard some people work at hating great games.

Old 06-21-2002, 05:41 PM   #26
Sega fan
Earl

Now Playing:

Quote:
You think that's a bad thing because you're either a GCN fanboy, or a Xbox fanboy.

You're telling me you don't even like GTA3!!!???
GTA3 is great fun... but it gets boring WAY to fast. I got bored 6 days after I bought the game... occassionally turn it on.

Speaking of PS2 selling so good; it's bad for my PS2 , better for my X-Box. Since the underdog always fights to win, and the leader is sitting there arrogantly on his throne.

Still Sony used all it's cards months ago... they need a break. Hopefully they'll be pumping games of equal quality pretty soon.

Old 06-21-2002, 06:49 PM   #27
Nine Inch Nail
Marquis

Now Playing:
Arrow

Quote:
I would easily give up my GC, PS2, and Xbox for DC alive and kickin. Best... system... ever.
*reads reply*

*shakes head*

Okay, what made the Dreamcast the best system then? Obviously is wasn't the graphics, or the controller. So it had to be the games, right?

How many AAA titles did the Dreamcast have???

Old 06-21-2002, 07:54 PM   #28
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

The graphics were great, the controller was good, the games kicked all ass.

And maybe cause Sega knew what they were doing, before DC even launched. Maybe because here I am still waiting to get online with other consoles, and Sega was online almost immediatly after launch. Maybe because Sega concentrated on how fun games were, and not how great the graphics were or whether it utilizes a HD or not.

DC was a blast, a blast to talk about, to play, to read about. DC kicked ass. I look back at the calander I got for the DC launch, and am severely disapointed with today's games.

DC seemed to want to push forward into the next generation, the other consoles just seem to want a technically superior repeat of last generation.

Ever wonder why gaming forums are so popular? No? Ever wonder why you posted like 70 messages in 1 day? It's quite simple, because the games suck. If today's games were really that great, wouldn't we be spending hours playing all these sweet games, instead of sitting around and talking about them? DC was fun to play, I'd sit down and put hours into the games because they kicked ass. Today's consoles I play when I don't want to be online anymore. And look at polls, a lot of people talk about games and read about games more than they play games.

Sorry, but we are not gaming scholars here, we're gamers, we're supposed to play games. DC was fun to play, and when I wanted to go online, DC fans had better things to do than sit around discussing which console was technically superior. Guess what? They sat around talking about the games, and not always comparing them, but how fun they were.

Sorry, but today's consoles suck in comparison.

Old 06-21-2002, 08:27 PM   #29
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

I didn't like DC... It had some great games... I really enjoyed like NFL2K1 and rush 2049 and ummmm RE:CV and stuff... but I heard so many people talking about a bunch of other games and how great they were, and they either didn't interest me at all, or I tried them and didn't really like them much...

And it's controller was... "Meh"...

And Sega Fan, are you a friend of gekko's, by any chance?

Old 06-21-2002, 08:31 PM   #30
Jin
Knight

Now Playing:

I agree with gekko on this one. The DC was one of the best consoles ever made. It's a shame that no one gave it a chance. Anyone who says DC was a bad system never owned one, simple as that.

Quote:
Obviously is wasn't the graphics
The graphics on the DC were incredible. Maybe not as good as XBox or GC, but the difference isn't that noticable. Once you get into a game you can't tell the difference. It's sort of like how the PSX had worst graphics than the N64, but once you started playing, the graphics didn't really matter.

Quote:
or the controller.
I can tell you didn't own a DC, because if you did, you'd know that it has one of the best designed controllers ever made. It was comfortable, the joystick and d-pad were positioned perfectly, and the VMU & triggers were nice little features.

Quote:
So it had to be the games, right?

How many AAA titles did the Dreamcast have???
I don't have any numbers, but I'm positive Sega developed twice as many games as Nintendo is now for the GC. There were a lot of AAA titles by the way.

In memory of Jack Buck & Darryl Kile.
Good luck this year St. Louis!

"You don't need a reason to help people" -Zidane (FF9)