Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Re: M.I.A.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 AM   #31
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:
Default Re: M.I.A.

Did Hero2 really die in a fire or was that a joke?

Old 06-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #32
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr
Crono was my best online friend forever.

What happened to him? He doing okay?
He's doing ok, I guess. I think he told me a long time ago that he changed his account password on GT to something random, and that he'll never use it again. He's pretty weird these days.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #33
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT

Hm a random password would work for me.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #34
BlueFire
The World Ends with Poo

Now Playing: Brawl

I used to talk to Crono a lot as well. Isn't he in the military now, Darkmaster?

Old 06-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #35
C.H
Duke

Now Playing: With Mind images

Due to Breakabone showing me this thread, i have returned.

I become all reminiscent when looking through all the old names, tears trickled down my face, and memories came flooding back.

I've looked back at GT from time to time, but haven't posted in, what seems like quite some years. I can't remember exactly why i stopped posting, i think i just spent sometime away from the internet, and then never posted because i knew i wouldn't post again for a while.

I remember following the 'Dolphin' before it was fully unvailed as Gamecube, led me to Nintendose (i think thats GT's original name, not 100%), and discussing images like this:

Nintendose was the website that got me hooked to the internet, i was no longer just looking for junk and wasting hours. I was actually having sustained conversations with people, and the feeling of a community made me quite attached to Nintendose. Through Nintendose i discovered just how great the internet could be, even though we were all faceless strangers from different parts of the world, the various little stories, quotes and remarks that only nintendose users used, created a feeling of an exclusive society, it made me feel kinda special to apart of Nintendose.

I also introduced one of my best friends to Nintendose, RIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueFire
C.H was traveling Europe last time he updated
It wasn't me that went travelling round europe, it was another poster who's also disappeared from GT, RIC. I know him in person, were both from the isle of wight, south of england.

I've recently finished (few weeks ago) a film studies degree, my time at university i never had the internet at home (probably one of the only students who didn't). N never really had the time to use uni computers for non work purposes. Now i'm just considering where i go from here, whether to do a masters, take time out, travel, etc.

This weekend i was at the isle of wight music festival, prodigy, placebo, foo fighters and Cold play headlined. It was awesome. Its quite an historic festival, originally startin in 68, here a link for anyone interested.

CRASH OW'S ME N64 CONTROLLER!!!! lol
Don't know if anyone remembers, but AGES ago, he ran a competition (although i think it was only the once) to give a prize of poster of the week (or month, not quite sure), he choose me n said he's send me a N64 controller.

I hope all is good with everyone.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #36
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLueFire
I used to talk to Crono a lot as well. Isn't he in the military now, Darkmaster?
No, he gave up that idea a few years ago. He's not really doing anything right now. Sold his computer and lives by himself in an apartment downtown. Don't think he has plans to go to school or anything. Kinda sucks to see him without any ambition.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #37
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.H
Due to Breakabone showing me this thread, i have returned.

I become all reminiscent when looking through all the old names, tears trickled down my face, and memories came flooding back.

I've looked back at GT from time to time, but haven't posted in, what seems like quite some years. I can't remember exactly why i stopped posting, i think i just spent sometime away from the internet, and then never posted because i knew i wouldn't post again for a while.
Yay C.H!! Good to see a familiar face (figuratively speaking, of course).

Nintendose was actually a separate site which split into two different sites, agb and GT. GameTavern is still GameTavern and agb is, well, you just have to see it for yourself.

I remember Ric! He had that cute walking bomb avatar. I'll add him to the list.

Anyways you should stick around... I've got this here treasure huntin' thang about go down, and it's shore to be more fun than watermelon and pig wrestlin. I have no idea what I just said, so please excuse me now.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #38
ominub
Knight

Now Playing: FFXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster
Did Hero2 really die in a fire or was that a joke?
Joke. I was trying to see if Jonbo would reply saying I was a lier lol.

FFXI: Ominub, Galka 75DRK
Nation: Bastok Rank 10

Old 06-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #39
C.H
Duke

Now Playing: With Mind images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yay C.H!! Good to see a familiar face (figuratively speaking, of course).

Nintendose was actually a separate site which split into two different sites, agb and GT. GameTavern is still GameTavern and agb is, well, you just have to see it for yourself.

I remember Ric! He had that cute walking bomb avatar. I'll add him to the list.

Anyways you should stick around... I've got this here treasure huntin' thang about go down, and it's shore to be more fun than watermelon and pig wrestlin. I have no idea what I just said, so please excuse me now.
Hey Neo, its nice to be greeted. I completely forgot about agb, i barely ever looked at it.

Pigs wrestling after watermelons is crazy, one pig could be eating at watermelon on his own, when he suddenly spots another pig sneaking up on him *threatening movie music*. The approaching pig suddenly performs a karate kick, the defending pig rolls out of the way keeping hold of his watermelon, smashing into a fence he picks a broken plank of wood. The sunsets as they stand awaiting the next move *showdown music*.
(anyone is welcome to continue the fight)

Lesson of the day, Never feed watermelons to pigs, they go crazy.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #40
Neo
Former CEO

I'd rather just have a bacon sammich.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #41
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

My ultimate M.I.A. is pjacks, though I believe he hasn't been around since Nintendose...
Used to talk all the time on AIM, then he just UP'N'DISSAPEARED from everything... The forums, the AIM, the everything...

AND I SHALL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND HIM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster
Sold his computer and lives by himself in an apartment downtown. Don't think he has plans to go to school or anything.
Damn, I wish I could do that...
Unfortunately I'm horribly addicted to my computer, and the smallest apartments around here cost, oh... $800 a month...

Old 06-13-2006, 11:45 PM   #42
Neo
Former CEO

I spy one Shadow Fox...

Old 06-14-2006, 04:52 AM   #43
Canyarion
Nerd of the Rings

Now Playing: Lotsa games that I need to beat! | WarCraft III + TFT

Who was the guy that lived in Belgium for a while and knew a lot about..... was it the 4th dimension? Or maybe technology in general.

And Tunnelvision.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde

Old 06-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #44
Zen
Knight

Now Playing:

I do lurk around from time to time, im just not as much of a poster as i used to be, its not much about me not liking the place, but more like, since the huge split we had way back it stopped feeling as tight, i cant come in and say "i know all of these ****ers" anymore.

Some of you remain fond in my memories though.

And i had no idea you were here KG.

Oh yeha, and as for ghetto, he left for some poor country on a mission from church or some crazy **** like that, no joke.

EDIT: so...uh....where'd my post count go anyways?

Find me on Twitter as @ZenUrena

Old 06-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #45
fingersman
The sexiest man in Gametavern

Now Playing: with God and opporunities
Cool Re: M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.H

CRASH OW'S ME N64 CONTROLLER!!!! lol
Don't know if anyone remembers, but AGES ago, he ran a competition (although i think it was only the once) to give a prize of poster of the week (or month, not quite sure), he choose me n said he's send me a N64 controller.

Make him get you a Wii, PS3 or Xbox360 controller now. After all times have changed and a promise is a promise.