Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Your Life Story
Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
Crono
Godlike

Now Playing:
Default Your Life Story

Ok, I've had this thread idea for quite some time. I think it's a good idea. And IF there has been a topic like this recently, please close this or something, but I don't recall there being any topic like this for quite some time.

Basically, sum up everything important about yourself and your life in a couple paragraphs. Just say like where you were born (if you want), where you're from, what youve achieved, anything personal... etc. Follow my example (not as long hopefully)

----------

So, where to begin... On April 13 1987 I was born at Gatineau Memorial Hospital, in Gatineau-Hull, Quebec, right across the river from my country's capital, Ottawa. My Dad lived in Quebec all his life, and my Mom is from a province called New Brunswick. When I was almost 4 years old, my Dad and several of his brothers move to Northeastern Ontario in a city called Sudbury, one of the most famous mining cities in the world. As you can guess... he moved here to work in the mines, because at the time they needed people to work. I stayed in Sudbury only briefly, then I moved about 1 hour north to a town called Cartier... a town of 400 people in the middle of bum **** no where. Ok, so not only was the town very small (actually wasnt too bad because I was friends with everyone my age in town, thats the way it was there... everybody knew you some way or another), buuuut... because my parents wanted me in Catholic school, I had a ONE HOUR bus ride to and from school. 2 hours a day I spent on a school bus, most kids these days are on a bus for like what... 20-30 min tops?
Well, that was my childhood. There wasn't much to do in Cartier except ride your bike and fool around in the train yard (because that's the only reason why the town even existed in the first place, because it had a train station... AND... lol, because the tracks went straight through our town, the train guy would stop and have a break.. and guess what? it blocked getting from one side of Cartier to the other).

Skip to when I was 10 years old, my parents divorce. Forgot to mention that I have 1 brother and 1 sister, at the time my sister was 4, and my brother 15 (now they are almost 11 (my sister) and 22, I'm 17). So anyway, after they divorce, I move back into the city. I was sad in many ways but happy that now I was able to take a short bus ride to school or walk. I even walk to high school now, it's 10 minutes away.
My Dad moved a bit closer to Sudbury, in a town of about 1200 called Levack, it's about 40 min away from Sudbury.

The only problem with living in Sudbury was the fact that:
1. had to make new friends.. did this twice because:
2. I moved a lot around town. I spent the rest of grade 4 and then grade 5 at one school, and then did 6-8 at another school. This was because my Mom didn't buy a house, and still hasn't. Though I am so happy that not once through high school did I change schools, that and the kids I met in grade 4 and 5 here, I got to see them again in grade 9!

And so what have I got to show for myself? Not much. As far as sports go, I played t-ball and a bit of soccer when I was young. Haven't been in any organized sports, or school sports, since then. My only interests these days are music and video games, though I am WAY less interested in games than I was before.

And what do I plan to do with my life? No idea, I keep changing my mind.

These days I am in grade 12 and working at a gas station. Which isn't too bad of a job.

But I am still living in Sudbury, Ontario. For those of you who don't know where it is, and you probably don't, it is located in the Northeastern part of Ontario, 6 hours west of Ottawa, 4 hours north of Toronto.

Anyway.. you're turn.

Re: Your Life Story
Old 09-29-2004, 09:00 PM   #2
DarkMaster
I am not a smart person

Now Playing: Life
Default Re: Your Life Story

Ok, um..

I live in Sudbury as well, and also go to the same school as Crono. I have lived in Sudbury all my life, in the same house, with the same family. I have a younger sister who is 14 (I think...), she's a dumbass.

Let's see. Uh, I used to play baseball when I was a kid. Meh. I played basketball until grade 9. Yeah. One summer I studied Kendo at some piece of crap training centre and I learned sh*t all for my $350. Hmm, I'm pretty good at visual arts, yeah perhaps even god-like. Some people say I'm arrogant, to them I say...kiss my ass, you wish you were as good as me.

I worked at Silver City (movie theater, whoo) last year, it was swell. I currently "work" for a video game website part time, which doesn't really "pay", but it's cool.

I also like pies, they rule.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:05 PM   #3
Crash
Mr. Mjolnir

Now Playing: Re:4 Wii

born in bemidji minnesota
moved to germany in 89
moved to kansas in 92
moved to colorado in 94
here i am... boy i'm lazy

Old 09-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #4
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Born in Vancouver on April 18th, 1987
When i was a baby we lived in Mallairdville, East Vancouver, North Vancouver and Burnaby.
Moved to PoCo when I was 5.
When I was 3 I split my nose in half on the corner of a table.
When I was 6 I broke my nose.
When I was 8 I broke my 2 front teeth.
When I was 12 I broke my left arm.
When I was 13 I opened up my right kneecap to the bone after jamming it into my handelbars of my bike.
When I was 13 I rode somebody elses bike into a parked car and sprained my right arm.

I have one half brother, and 2 half sisters. My brother does nothing really, but one of my sisters is in a local (Vancouver) "Wedding" band. And my other sister is an artist and lives in England (Well, Germany right now)

I have been playing Soccer since i was 5.
I have been playing hockey in a league since I was 15
I played Baseball until I was 14.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:32 PM   #5
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba in July of 1986.
Moved to Richmond Hill when I was about 7 or 8 months old.
Graduated high school in 2004.
Started university less than a month ago.

I played soccer and baseball for a couple years when I was young.
Then I got into basketball where I played rep for 4 years.
Played school ball in highschool for 2 years.

Plan to be a CA in about 5 years.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:35 PM   #6
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Interesting stuff. I never knew you had a sister, Crono.

I was born in Paul B. Hall Medical Center in Paintsville in eastern Kentucky. I grew up in a hollow in Morgan County, and I've lived in the same place in the same house for my entire life, with both my parents who have been married for 20 years. When I was 4 years old, my brother was born, and we are the only children that my parents ever had. I'm pretty glad it worked out that way. My brother and I get along well, and I'm glad there isnt another sibling to support. My family isn't wealthy or poor, we are probably at the lower end of middle class.

My grandma and grandpa on my mothers side lived in a house about 50 feet from mine up until my grandpa died 4 years ago, and my gradma lived there until she died a couple months ago. I spent many a day at my grandma's house and at her country store she owned, especially on days my mom went to the laundry mat.

The entire hollow was my playground. There were forest to explore, creeks to play in, a large pine tree in my grandma's front yard to climb, and a lot of dirt to play in. I had a good childhood.

Started school when I was 6 years old, and I have excelled in all academics sense then. I made plenty of friends in elementary school, but my best friend was a guy named Jonathan. We did everything together. He was insane and wild and always in trouble. I was calm and shy and got excellent grades. We complimented each other well. We discovered Banjo Kazooie together, and Zelda: OoT, and Pokemon. After fifth grade we got to middle school and havnt had a class together sense. We are in 11th grade now, and I havnt spoken to him sense 6th grade. I think he does drugs.

I spent my middle school years and most of the first two years of high school as a naive and stupid "kid". I got excellent grades but I had never had a girlfriend, and I had begun to lack in socializing with my peers. Then I got a girlfriend, she broke up with me, and I was heartbroken for about 2 months after that, until I realized how stupid I was. I would like to go back and kick myself.

Now I'm a social butterfly. It took a girlfriend breaking up with me, an epiphany, and a couple good friends to show me the error of my ways.

Right now I love a few things: Girls, video games, comic books, books, and writing. I dont have a lot of time with school, though. I'm taking hard classes like Calculus, and I wish I had time to play all the games I want to. I'm not as passionate about video games as I used to be, though I wish I was.

I write lyrics for a friends band, and I have a full scholarship to the University of Kentucky (UK). The day I recieved that scholarship was one of the happiest of my life.

And, um, that's about it.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:02 PM   #7
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

I was born at Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware on August 15th, 1985. This was exactly (to the day) two and a half years after my brother was born. Apparently I lived in an apartment in Newark for a few years, but the first house I truly remeber was our house in Unionville, PA. I attended Sanford school where my mom taught art until 2nd grade. This happened to be around the time my parents got divorced.

My mom stayed in Unionville and my dad got a house in Wilmington where my new school (Tower Hill) was located. Unionville and Wilmington are only about 30 minutes away, so I would spend half of the week at each house. I got used to the back and forth style of life eventually, and had some pretty good childhood years. At some point, we moved out of the Unionville house and moved to Avon Grove, PA. The house was right in the middle of the 15th hole of a golf course that was to be built. I wouldn't be surprised if I look back at that house one day and say that they were the best times of my life (roughly 5th-8th grade)

We moved out of the Avon Grove house and moved further out in the country to West Grove, where my mom still currently lives. I love that house too. A couple years later my dad moved in with my future Step-mom just down the street into a new house in Wilmington. I never felt quite at home there for various reasons that I will not go into. My mom also remarried a little while later to a guy that I respect very much. His son and I had been best friends since birth, so it made his son become my step-brother, which was a little strange, but it also made us family, which was nice.

I continued my education at Tower Hill all the way until I graduated and it was okay. With only 58 kids in a grade, I never had that many friends, mainly because I didn't identify with the mainly rich and preppy kids that attended the school. (BTW, I didn't have to pay tuition to the school because my dad teaches there, otherwise we couldn't afford it) I always had (and still have) my friends from back home, so I never really needed to big time high school social life that so many others had.

Obviously many, many, many, many more things happened in between, but I now am in my second term at Bennington College in Bennington, Vermont where my brother also attends. I sometimes consider transferring closer to home because it would allow me to much easier pursue a career with the Spinto Band, which is really the only thing I have going for me right now. Then again, I have the oppurtunity to hang out and meet a lot of new people here, which I wouldn't be doing back in West Grove or Wilmington. It's a difficult situation I'm in right, and if I want to get out of here by this term, I'll have to decide before Nov. 1st. It's Decision 2004 for me as well I suppose.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #8
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Oh yeah...I forgot to put in mine that I was born on one of my sisters 10th birthday. So for the first year or two of my life, she hated me for ruining her birthday party. It wasnt my fault...i was even late..But now me and her get along awesomely....
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:21 PM   #9
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

-Born in Midwest City, OK November 30, 1987. I plan on making that an international holiday someday (it doesn't have to necessarily be for my birth).

-Got a brother on March 5, 1991. You know the guy.

-Moved to Little Rock, Arkansas sometime in '93. Summer, I think. Started elementary school there.

-Got sick and almost died Holiday Season '94. Stayed in a hospital for three or so weeks. Had to relearn how to walk. Peed blood. It hurt. A LOT.

-Moved back to Oklahoma early '95. Lived with my grandma for a while.

-Got my third grade teacher fired in '96. Old [expletive deleted] threw a [expletive deleted] eraser at me.

-Moved to another house in '96 or '97.

-Joined Nintendose December '00.

-Joined Gametavern February(?) '01.

-Moved into an apartment in '02.

-Moved into another apartment in the same complex in '03.

Woo.

*shrugs and walks away*

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 09-29-2004, 11:15 PM   #10
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr
and I have excelled in all academics sense then.
It's spelled S-I-N-C-E. Sorry I had to, because of the irony and all.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:16 PM   #11
ZebraRampage

Now Playing: Borderlands 2

I was born in Hartford, Connecticut on December 29, 1986. I lived in a town called Windsor, which is five miles north of Hartford, for 7 years, and then I moved to Trumbull, CT, which is just north of Bridgeport, CT for 5 more years of my life. When I was 12 I moved to Pennsylvania, and I live about 30 minutes west of Philadelphia in the school district of Garnet Valley. I'm in my Senior year of high school right now, so next year I'll be in college, living somewhere else hopefully.

I have two sisters. One of them is 21, and the other one is my twin sister (I'm the older one).

Music is a big part of my life. I started band when I was in 4th grade, and I played Alto Sax. Right now, I still play Alto Sax, but I play Baritone Sax for the most part now, and I can play Tenor Sax, Clarinet, Flute, and Piano as well. I am in five different types of bands for my school. Those five are Marching Band, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, and Sax Ensemble. I listen to a good amount of music as well. My number one genre would be Classic Rock, but I also like Jazz, Swing, Motown, Classical, Funk, and some Disco...I guess lol..but I don't really listen to anything current.

A few toys that were big to me when I was younger were legos and k'nex. I think that they have had a big impact on me though. I plan to study Civil Engineering when I go to college, and I hope someday to help create big structures, or fix any that need to be repaired.

Oh yes, ever since I was little I always played baseball, and I played up until I moved here. I don't know why I ever stopped. I miss playing, and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have the skill to play anymore. I have been away from it for too long. I did start Track and Field last year though. I do the hurdles: 110 Meter, and 300 Meter. My favorite of those two is the 300 Meter Hurdles.

Well that's about all the important stuff. The next step for me will be graduating from high school, and going to college. I am applying to Drexel, Penn State, and Pitt. Like I said, I'm going to major in Civil Engineering.

I forgot about the videogame part! Basically, I've been playing Nintendo videogames for quite a while. I didn't start till I was about 8 though, since my mom and sister were always playing the NES and SNES. The first system I started on was N64 (even though I was 10). I did play the first two systems, but it wasn't till N64 that I really got into videogames. I have all four Nintendo systems, and two gameboys, so you could consider me a Nintendo fanboy. I haven't played many videogames for the past two years though, because of all the touch classes I have in school. Everything is just getting harder..

Old 09-29-2004, 11:43 PM   #12
GiMpY-wAnNaBe
Cheese Master

Now Playing: FF7, again

born in Sibiu, Romania, September 6, 1987, i lived there for 2 years, the country was communist at the time, and no one was a llowed to leave, but my dad ran to Austria none the less to set up a place to live for after the "no leaving or get shot" rule was revoked. I moved to Austria and stayed there for a year, at the tender age of 3 i was brought the the great land known as Canada .

I lived in Toronto for the better part of a decade, followed by my move to Richmond Hill. I now live in Richmond Hill, attend Richmond Hill Highschool and hope to graduate this year and go to University. I have quite a few permanent marks on me from my amazing acts of stupidity.

When i was three i jumped off my bed, but at a bad angle, tripped, hit my head on a corner and got 2 stitches, i went mountain biking when i was 12 with no brakes, had a minor concussion, and the epitome of my stupidity, i once jump kicked a glass door and got 63 stitches in my right leg, fun days.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #13
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4

born in 85
walked before I was 10 months old
played a sh*tload of sports as a kid, excelled in most if not all of them
breezed through school, made it into an excelled school program
had 3 gfs before I was 14, people called me a player
hit a really bad depression, I'm in year 5 or 6 of recovery
took up football a few years ago...scouts were very high on me "pro potential"
met my current main group of friends about 3 years ago
started college September 04
Ive suffered from 22 different injuries that made it into my friend's "injuries of the body" University textbook
I spend about 21 hours a week watching or thinking about football...9 of them watching every sunday
I've been to 6 countries
Stu is not my name
Chances are, I'm generally a better person than you :face_ohsnap:

Old 09-29-2004, 11:56 PM   #14
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

I was born in Arlington, Virginia, the son of a welder and the father of a successful commercial fisherman, on January 20th, 1986...

I used to walk around the house in my dad's big flannel shirt, a bike helmet, and shoes on my hands... And jump around while playing videogames, which I started playing at the age of 3 or so, what with my brother's Sega Master System and NES...

When I got to 4th grade I started playing the alto saxaphone... Funny thing was, it didn't work at home... In school everything would come out fine, I was probably one of the better ones in my class, but at home I'd try to make noise come out and it just wouldn't go along with it...

I later discovered that it was only a musical instrument at school, and when not on the job it was to be used as a blowgun that fires high-powered, nuclear-laced superneedles, specializing in taking out Fran Frescher zombies...

I had a few adventures with it and my buddy Mike Hollersworth... I remember one time we were down in Potomac Overlook park at the edge of the river when we were approached by a spirit of a native american chief rumored to still roam the woods, we became rather chummy and ended up smoking a peace-pipe, however it was a trap... We became disoriented and confused, and then we heard it... That whiny, nasal-ey, high-pitched groaning, as if a zombie was trying to be scary, but someone was clutching it by the balls... The indian cheif began to laugh menacingly, but I had an ace up my sleeve in the form of my sax... With one swift blow, the Fran Drescher zombie hit the ground, and lucky for us the zombie and indian chief's life force was one in the same, for at that instant, the indian cheif's eyes burst and his face began to melt... Casually we turned and headed back for civilization...

We walked out of those woods, agreeing it would be best for us to part ways for the sake of being dramatic... I havn't heard from him since...

I gave up on the sax about halfway through the 6th grade, when I also gave up on school... Education is for suckers...

I made the decision on the day after my birthday... It was a bright, sunny day, my brother, mother, grandmother and I went to the Star Wars exhibit at the national air and space museum in DC... Time came to walk past Darth Vader's suit... James Earl Jones' voice called out to me... "Join me", it said. "Together we shall rule this galaxy, and even if I can't fit you in as co-ruler, I can at least dump you off in a role somewhere along the lines of top poster and elder of a small videogame forum on the world wide web."... Being the weak human being I was, controlled by my fears, I caved in and took him up on his offer...

That is where I spent all of 2 years before realizing there was a world outside of my room... I got some friends, I got a job... I got a life...... Well nah I wouldn't go so far as to say that... But you heeeerd me...

Nowadays, with the dark side's influence still lingering in my mind, I spend most of my time scooping ice cream, or impulse-buying old NES/SNES games, longing for a chance to return to the time before that fateful day at the Star Wars exhibit...

Old 09-30-2004, 12:20 AM   #15
Acebot44
Knight

Now Playing: Vectorman

Hmmm...let's do this

I was born in Stockholm, Sweden on October 19th, 1988. My mom had delivered three boys previous to me, but only one of them made it, my Brother who is a year and 9 months older than me. I don't remember much from Sweden, other than my Dad probably having an affair and my parents splitting for a while when I was 5 or something. Got back before we moved. All my family is there and I've only seen my Grandparents and cousins a total of about 5 times in the past 8 years.

Moved to Glendale, California in Mid 1996. We chose to live there because Glendale has the most Armenians outside of Armenia. Oh, and I'm half Ukrainian and Iranian (from Armenia). White as a baseball though. Don't remember much of Glendale, but I was there till about 3rd grade. Moved to Tujunga, California in 98.

Most of the people who I went to elementery with, I still know today. My Bro was only a year ahead of me so I've known most of his friends and a bunch of upper classmen since then. My best buddy Alex was with me in 5th grade and has been there since. Wasnt very bright then. Just boy average.

Junior High/Middle School/6-8 was pretty much normal. I could have turned out ****ed up if I had smoked out the many times I had a chance to in 7th grade, or gone out with one of the hottest girls in school, but the most self destructive one aswell. I think she OD'd. I have always been friends with everyone in every group or clique. Still friends with the band people from middle school who are the emo kids now, the jocks that are the jocks now (myself, most closely in this group than any others), the gamers who are anime freaks now, the popular kids who are the dumbasses now, the pot heads who dropped out, the punks who got pierced, and the goths who are all really soft on the inside

High School is going good for me. I'm a Junior and now I'm one of the smart kids (says something about my school) after being a C student up until Freshman year. Now it's all APs baby! I'm an Athlete. Played Basketball since 98 and was on the school team a couple times. I wanted to play Football too, but I chose stay to one sport in order to do better in school. I had to quit BBall this year because I'm gonna start working when I'm 16 and in the end, it's just a game....that I love more than anything else now. I would have played football next year too if I had not acquired the job. I'm 100% sure that I would have started this, and next year on Varsity if I tried out. Our team only has about 30 people on it too

I'm in tight spot now. I'm Trying to live up to my brothers standards. He's King of the School (and Prince of a couple others) and expects me to take his Crown next year. I'm ready to take on that responsibility, but for some reason everything seems so much easier for him.
He's the guy everyone whose not in the top 10% of school popularity hates. You know, an ass to ugly people he doesnt know and Mr. Nice Guy to the pretty girls and his life long friends, all of whom I know and am close with. I'm not an ass (now anyway) so I can't do it that way, that's why my hanging with my long time friends (who arent very accepted) brings me down a bit. I wouldnt dare to have a girlfriend in my school because my bro has labeled our class as the ugliest in the LAUSD and I would get scolded for settling with any of them. But, I want to pair up again so I think all I can do is wait till I get my Drivers liscence in January. Then I'm free

I'll be (hopefully) going to UCLA in two years and rooming with two girls I know right now with rich parents. My Dad is basically unemployed right now so both my brother and I got jobs. I'm pretty sure that once I leave the house for college, my parents will get a divorce. I'm really, the only thing keeping the family from slinging feces and punching the **** out of each other.