Are you getting GBA SP?

Old 01-18-2003, 09:37 AM   #16
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

Quote:
Originally posted by PureEvil
Nah.

I barely play my GBA as it is (I haven't touched it in months). This would be little more than a waste of money for me. I like the new look, but that hardly makes it worth my while to pick one up. Maybe I'll go buy a cellphone.

Agreed.

Old 01-21-2003, 01:01 AM   #17
Cyrax9
1st GT Member with US Cube

Now Playing:

I'll be getting the GBA SP and the GBP when they come out, I have tow GBA's but I NEED the Afterburner, and I LOVER the Li-Ion battery idea.

Also 10 hours with the Afterburner on is the same as the GBC and the last time I checked 18 hours with it off is more than 15 on the current GBA.

I don't like the Current GBA's "Shape' it hurts my hands, this GBA SP looks more like the GBC Shape-wise and this will be a welcome change for me, I'll have both systems n "Platinum" when they come out andi can't wait ot truy "Zelda: A Link ot the Past" on the GBA SP and the GBP.

I'm looking forward to the new GBA and I'm glad that we finally have a fr*gg*n' light!
#1. A short time in the future, ina living room nbot so far away...

"CONSOLE WARS IX"
It is the dawning of the 9th Console war; 23 years after the first shots were luanched from the Big "N", A new player has been screwing with the world of gaming while a former rival is developing a massive Behomth, the PSX, the Big "N" is outnumbered but theyhave a secert weapon.. he GameCube II!

#2.Freedom of speech and freedom of idiocy are not synonymous-Lady Iapetus

Re: Getting GBA SP?
Old 02-04-2003, 09:04 PM   #18
Storm Eagle
Saved by...

Now Playing:
Default Re: Getting GBA SP?

Quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster
I am even though I just recently bought a regular GBA. I'll use the SP for taking places since it's screen is protected with fold up technology. I also want the convience of a backlit screen.
That's the exact same reason I'm contemplating getting one. I probably shouldn't, but knowing me, I'll end up doing it anyway.

"Love, class, means never having to say 'I'm pregnant'". - Vinnie Barbarino - Welcome Back, Kotter

Old 02-05-2003, 12:59 AM   #19
bobcat
KOF King

Now Playing: Street Fighter IV

I probably will. And I'll give the GBA to one of my mates or my brother.

But it should have been done a long time ago. Quite arrogant, but hey it's Nintendo. They wanna make as much money as they can, just like any other company.

Old 02-09-2003, 04:02 PM   #20
Ridley
Survivor Lord

Now Playing: Animal Crossing & The Wind Waker

Yes, I'm definitely getting a GBA SP because I'll actually be able to see the screen now.

*thinks back to the horrors of the original GB screen*

*shudders*

Old 02-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #21
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

the screen on the Gameboy Color wasnt that bad...it never scratched, and didnt really need much light to play. The GBA's screen, on the other hand, seemd like a step down. Needed a lot of light, and scratches easily.

Old 02-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #22
Ridley
Survivor Lord

Now Playing: Animal Crossing & The Wind Waker

Well GBC's was better than the previous models, but you still needed a good light source in order to see things well. At least I did anyways.....

Old 02-23-2003, 06:02 PM   #23
Shimmy
Baron

Now Playing:

im getting it it looks god sounds grate and is small

Old 02-24-2003, 12:01 AM   #24
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Old 02-26-2003, 04:58 PM   #25
NYGiant
Earl

Now Playing: Sonic CD

Hell Yeah!

Old 03-03-2003, 01:07 AM   #26
Cyrax9
1st GT Member with US Cube

Now Playing:

Ok, I have a problem with my first GBAm an Arctic "White'a GBA, it's called POOR VISIBILITY!!

I seriosuly can NOT see the damn thing! It drives me insane and I've died in "A link to the past" one too many times form a "Stupid Mistake" ebcause I can't see, even with the brightness turned up all the way, aslo GBC games have a much "DARKER" tint to them and that annoys me.

Now that GBA used one of the "Sharp" screens, my Platinum Edition GBA, the second one I bought, uses a "nicer' Panasonic Screen, but still suffers from poor lighiting sitiuations and is a No-Go at night, this is why I'm getting the Platinum GBA SP, the Afterburner and the fatc that I won't need to invest any mmoney in "Energizer" or "Duracell" stock because I'm going through Alkaline batteries like I go through water, just plug it in and recharge, the downside is the "Headphone Adapter" but that should be a cheap $5.00 at the most, and I rarely use headphones anyway, however I ALWAYS use Alakaline Batteries so the Li-Ion thing is a big plus for me.

Add in that afterbruner and the "proected" screen and things are great in every way. I had a friend who put his GBC in his kid-brother's Diaper bag during a trip to Disney, he got there, went to play it and had punctured the LCD, IT WA SIN A FRIGGIN' DIAPER BAG!! There was nothing SHARP in there!! That's the problem with GB's today, the LCDs are too easy to puncture and I might need a new "Screen OCver" for my GBA, I'm currently keeping it in the box, but it's still a pain to cart around the GBA Box like it was shoplifted because I need to "Protect" the LCD, weith the GBA SP, I can have a pocket Knife on top of the thing and it shouldn't puncture the LCD as long as the lid is down (obviously!).

I probably won't get one at luanch but I will buy a GBA SP, and I'm looking forward too the GB Player as well, which I'll probably buy first, hopefully in Platinum Silver to match my GCN, then I'll nab a GBA SP, it's too cool to pass up, and I keep eharing friends admit they'd play GBA in public if it looked more "Mature' the way the GBA SP does, perhaps looks do count in this case, but my primary reason is the afterburner and the Li-Ion battery, why waste a ton of Energizers and have to keep a light-source nearby when you can just recharge the battery and turnon the afterburner when it's dark?

I think the GBA SP is something Gunpei Yokoi himself would be proud of, if only the guy was still alive, he created the greatest gaming device in history and it was rumored that when the DMG Game Boy (The original) came out, a group of ANGRY, MAD LOUD, Sony executives got REALLY PISSED that Nintendo had beaten them to the handheld market and fired everyone working on their "Portable game system" that nerev saw the light of day, this was beforer the PSX, and even before the SNES though so it may have bene a good thing.

Now we know that Sony's firt Portable cosole was a flop in Japan, and their rumored to be working on a "new" Portabel console trhat won't run on Minidisks or MIcro-CD/DVD's but, rather Cartirdges, just liek the GBA! Now I don't know about you gusy, but I'm not sure how well Sony knowns the Cartirdge Department, after all, it was their CD's that killed the N64's carts, and I don't think they'd had too much experiance with carts at Sony, even if they are the "kingof handhelds" as they seem to think.

I wonder if Iwata's message about a "New Console war" and the release of all this GBA stuff now, the GBA SP,a nd the GB Player are becuase he suspects SOny may actually be developing this rumorued handheld and he doesn't want to lose the one market Nintendo holds the way Microsoft holds PC operating systems.

If SOny does make a handheld, it'll be interesting to see if this one makes it out of Japan, or if it's worth sticking next to the Wonderswan Color form BanDai in the category of "Nice try, but no Game Boy pal".

The last system that even LOOKED like it COULD give the big "N: a run for thier money was something developed in "South Korea" and it never made it stateside, weather our relations with South Korea latley are what had the final say, or the system being por, I don't know, but right now Nintendoowns the Handheld market as far as gaming goes.

Here's some food for thought: In World War II, the Japanese were our enemy (One of the three Axis powers for you non-historians who haven't studied that tragedy yet or who lsleep during history class), if something happened to cause "bad blood" between the USA and Japan today, do you think it'd hurt the Video Game market, especially the handheld market which is domniated bya Japanese company?

This is purley a "What if" scenario, but I think if the USA and Japan ever went the way the USA and France are now, we'd ahve aHUGE loss of Video gaming equipment, possibly worse than Atari's fisasco, and just as many American's are now avoiding French Wines and French Cheese, I think US consumers, who have a High Respect for Japanese elcetronics would stop using anything made in Japan,including Sony TV's/VCRs/DVD players and game consoles, it almost makes you think, war is bad for the economy anyway, but what would it do to the Handheld gaming market, especially to Game Boy fans?

That might be worth a new post, but I just had to say what I was thinking there, I'm against a war on Iraq without UN backing for the USA, but if we can get the UN to back us up, then I say they shouyld be disarmed ASAP, we already know there seems to be a "fued" between the US and France on this, but the "What If" I'm thinking of is probably more detrimental to the USA's electronics imports than any other war-scenario. I'm glad Japan is our ally, because if I remerb correctly, all Naval Vessels now carry a GCN, PS2 ro Xbox on board, soldiars bring electronics from Japan to the barracks (yes Cam that includes you!) and the Majority of electroncis in the USA are made in Japan or by Japanese companies, I think we have one ally there that we need to keep, if only for the fact that if it's not "Made in Japan", and it's sold in the USA, there are four other palces it's manufatured in, China, Canada, Mexico, and Korea. Now I have nothing against China, Canada, Mexico and SOUTH Korea (yet), but these countries aren't exactly electonics experts the way Japn is, China and Mexico both have Cheap Labor, and usually Cheap Quality as well, Canada is almost like saying "Made in the USA" althought the quality is slightly better and the equipment more expensive, but anything "Made in Korea" raises suspiciion these days, I think we need to keep Japan on our side, if only for the fact that we rely n theri game consoles too entertain our soldiars.

But anyway, the GBA SP is a fine device, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'll probably give "Zelda; A Link ot the Past" a few runs in it before anything else.
#1. A short time in the future, ina living room nbot so far away...

"CONSOLE WARS IX"
It is the dawning of the 9th Console war; 23 years after the first shots were luanched from the Big "N", A new player has been screwing with the world of gaming while a former rival is developing a massive Behomth, the PSX, the Big "N" is outnumbered but theyhave a secert weapon.. he GameCube II!

#2.Freedom of speech and freedom of idiocy are not synonymous-Lady Iapetus

Old 05-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #27
BlueFire
The World Ends with Poo

Now Playing: Brawl

^ omg

Old 05-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #28
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

I'm not sure. I already have 3 GBAs lying around, 2 of which are SPs. I'm not sure I need another GBA, but I'll think about it. It would be nice for Four Swords Adventures and F-Zero Maximum Velocity multiplayer.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #29
Zen
Knight

Now Playing:

I recently got two GBA SP. One for me and one for the wife, Pokemon fire red and leaf green. Oh yeah!

Find me on Twitter as @ZenUrena

Old 05-31-2016, 09:54 PM   #30
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Did we just go back in time to 2003?