Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Sony recommends (Dec 3rd, 2005)
Old 12-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
MuGen
Fuuton Rasenshuriken

Now Playing: Enchanted Arms PS3
Default Sony recommends (Dec 3rd, 2005)

Today on the 3rd of December, I will recommend a rent/purchase of WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006. THQ has really outdone themselves in this one. The physics are gorgeous and the gameplay mechanics have been completely revamped, adding stamina and other elements to the match. Including a momentum system. Now you won't need to build up the meter to gain a finisher. And you will need to store the finisher to use it later, but if the opponent mounts an attack not allowing you to store it, you will lose it.

However here is where stamina and momentum come into play. If you start out strong and go on the offensive non-stop your stamina will go down and your moves will begin to have little to no impact on your opponent. Now, the opponent can land one crowd-pleasing move to gain an immediate finisher on you. For example, I was playing the game and was losing horribly to Triple H (mind you I was playing as my created Light Heavyweight wrestler). But he went outside to get a weapon, and as I got up I ran across the ring and did a flying senton bomb outside hitting him giving me huge boost to gain a finisher. I brought him in and finished it making sure I had enough stamina to do a strong finisher, and pinned him 1-2-3.

For any wrestling fans this will be a great pickup. Season mode has been revamped with incredible voice acting, not like the garbage voice acting in Smackdown vs. Raw. 2006 includes a pre-recorded Season Mode with 6 different voice options for your created superstar.... Now you can choose how your superstar will sound and you can hear him actually talking... giving him personality. The stories seem repetitive, but like all WWE storylines.... thats evident. But it'll be fun playing through Season Mode either with a Superstar of a Created one......

Graphics: 9
Sound: 9
Gameplay: 9
Replay Value: 9
Overall: 9

Re: Sony recommends (Dec 3rd, 2005)
Old 12-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Krypton
Knight

Now Playing:
Default Re: Sony recommends (Dec 3rd, 2005)

I've heard it was good, i'll definitely check this out.