Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

who thinks there is a possibility that shenmue will start being made for gc?
Old 03-26-2002, 08:35 PM   #1
Plastic0006
Earl

Now Playing:
Default who thinks there is a possibility that shenmue will start being made for gc?

Well i know that they said shenmue II was an xbox exclusive but how long can it stay exclusive?? I was at Software ETC. and saw a european import of shenmue 2 so i snatched it up and i love the game but it would be even better if it were made for gamecube. By the way the dc european version has a really cool case ^_^ well if nebody thinks that shenmue 2 will appear on gamecube say aye i think there is a possibility.

Old 03-26-2002, 09:04 PM   #2
D-realJos
OrioN

Now Playing: With my nutz!

I think there's a possibility.

Shenmue is said to have 13 "chapters."

If Sega is still taking that route, I hightly doubt they would release all of them on Xbox, since they would want to reach a broader audience...(remember that though Shenmue was a great game, it didn't sell the way games of that caliber should).

However, if M$ decides the throw tons of money at Sega to keep Shenmue exclusive....

Seeing what happened to the RE series, MS may be compelled to do that.
-- John 10:10

Blessed is he who hath tasted, understands, and can testify that this is true. Glory to God!

Old 03-26-2002, 09:49 PM   #3
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

were gonna see alot of that bull happening now thanks to the re exclusiveness that started the revolution.

Old 03-26-2002, 09:51 PM   #4
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

I think Shenmue will stay Xbox exclusive for this generation. Maybe it willl switch consoles or go multi-platform later on.

Old 03-26-2002, 09:56 PM   #5
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

good observation bond, it may very well become multi-platformed.

Old 03-27-2002, 07:07 AM   #6
C.H
Duke

Now Playing: With Mind images

I think theres a possibility of Shenmue coming to the cube, just a very small one. Shenmue is one of my favorite games, and it's the only thing making me want an X-BOX. I'd like to see it come to Gamecube, but at the moment. I think it's probably just wishful thinking. For a start, the creater stated in an interview that Shenmue was specifically made for Dreamcast, getting out all the power of the system (if you've seen how good Shenmue 1&2 you'll know what i mean). So it will take a very long time to make Shenmue 2 for another system (which is one of the reasons Shenmue 2 is taking a long time to come to X-BOX). It'll take more work to make it for anyother systems. Also, the game is HUGE, it may not take 100 hours to complete. But theres certainly a lot of attention to detail, especilly on disc 4. With hugh lush mountain back drops, and you only see for 10 minutes. So i can't see it being made for another console any time soon.

Old 03-27-2002, 03:48 PM   #7
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by D-realJos
I think there's a possibility.

Shenmue is said to have 13 "chapters."

If Sega is still taking that route, I hightly doubt they would release all of them on Xbox, since they would want to reach a broader audience...(remember that though Shenmue was a great game, it didn't sell the way games of that caliber should).

However, if M$ decides the throw tons of money at Sega to keep Shenmue exclusive....

Seeing what happened to the RE series, MS may be compelled to do that.
Chapters are not games. I think Shenmue 1 was chapters 1-4.

Are no possibility. Shenmue was supposed to be a game that ran on the same system for all the games. You know, beat one, transfer file, beat next, and eventually end. That's part of the reason 2 is on Xbox.

Old 03-27-2002, 05:23 PM   #8
Ric
Former King Of The Arcade

Now Playing: Battle Pirates / Warface / Minecraft

Like C.H said, wishful thinking.

Microsoft only have exclusive rights to Shenmue 2 and they only have those rights in America, so, and this is very wishful thinking, there is a possibility Shenmue 2 will be released on GC outside America, *crosses fingers*.

As for Shenmue 3,4,5 and so on and so forth, well, Microsoft only have the rights to number 2 like I said so hopefully Sega will decide to go Multi - Platform. They ought to, they stand to make a lot of money from the franchise if they do.

Old 03-27-2002, 05:54 PM   #9
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by gekko
Chapters are not games. I think Shenmue 1 was chapters 1-4.

Shenmue was chapter one and that was it. Originally each game was one chapter but I guess Sega decided that would take too long so they decided to put several chapters in the next games. ShenmueII was chapters 2-4.

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 03-27-2002, 07:57 PM   #10
Blix
Harbinger of Cake

Now Playing:

no! I don't think so. I think Sega would develop it for Sony rather than Nintendo. I don't know why, I just have that impression. Anyway It's not like I care. I own the first one and I got bored after like two hours of playing it. I'm going to finish it after I finish Golden Sun, MGS2, DMC, AITD, and Alice. I hope I finish them before RE and ED come. Because if I don't...

Old 03-28-2002, 03:40 PM   #11
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by Link1130
Shenmue was chapter one and that was it. Originally each game was one chapter but I guess Sega decided that would take too long so they decided to put several chapters in the next games. ShenmueII was chapters 2-4.
Ya, just confirmed that. shenmue is Chapter 1. Shenmue II is chapters 2-5, though.

Old 03-28-2002, 03:55 PM   #12
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by gekko

Ya, just confirmed that. shenmue is Chapter 1. Shenmue II is chapters 2-5, though.

Where did you here that? In ShenmueII the notebook entries have a little title page for each chapter and it only goes to 4...

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 03-30-2002, 12:15 AM   #13
Jin
Knight

Now Playing:

It's not going to happen, because Shenmue's too mature for the GC audience. Everyone knows that GC owners are all little kids, and only buy stuff like Pokemon, and Mary Kate & Ashley. Like Virtua Fighter it might be adjusted to fit the age range of the GC owners. So expect to see "Ryo's Magical Picnic" on shelves next year.

In memory of Jack Buck & Darryl Kile.
Good luck this year St. Louis!

"You don't need a reason to help people" -Zidane (FF9)

Old 03-30-2002, 07:09 AM   #14
Idiot
Marquis

Now Playing: Final Fantasy IV

My, you're cynical when you wish to be Jin.

"Welcome back, Idiot!"

Old 03-30-2002, 09:14 AM   #15
Shadow_Link
The PsYcHo

Now Playing:

My oh my Jin, that was so cynical that I couldn't even tell if those were your true feelings :eek: Joke ...

Regarding the Shenmue franchise. I could only stress the point that MS have the game exclsuive only in the U.S (and not Japan, right?).

This leaves a big question to be asked, does that mean the game will be multi platform to devvers in Europe and Japan?
Or maybe one of the giants will eb lucky enough to snag it up exclsuively!