Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Halloween
Old 11-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Halloween

Anyone do anything for Halloween?

I took the kids out trick or treating in my mom's neighborhood. They got a pretty good haul although we didn't stay out too long. This is the first year, I think, that my son has really been in to it. Its his third Halloween. Last year (when he was just under two years old), he seemed to enjoy getting stuff from the different houses and took ownership of his bag, but I think he was really just going along with what everyone else was doing. This year, he seemed really excited to do it. He ran up to houses on his own. He knows what candy is this year so he's pretty excited about getting that, too.

My daughter, who is a year younger, if kind of where he was last year. She had a lot of fun going up to the door and getting stuff, but she also had fun doing whatever else we were doing, too.

They were Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, by the way. Didn't figure we'd need to join the Frozen masses with everyone else.

Current Review: Xenogears

Re: Halloween
Old 11-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Default Re: Halloween

On the actual night of Halloween I didnt do much. Got home from work about 5 PM expecting to get some trick or treaters. This was my 1st halloween in the house I bought some months ago. But to my surprise I didnt get ANY trick or treaters! It was a little cold and windy but I was really shocked I didnt get any. I live on a dead end street but still. I did have a few college girls knock on my door wanting money for some charity. The next night Saturday November 1st I had a party to go to and I went as Indiana Jones!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post
On the actual night of Halloween I didnt do much. Got home from work about 5 PM expecting to get some trick or treaters. This was my 1st halloween in the house I bought some months ago. But to my surprise I didnt get ANY trick or treaters! It was a little cold and windy but I was really shocked I didnt get any. I live on a dead end street but still. I did have a few college girls knock on my door wanting money for some charity. The next night Saturday November 1st I had a party to go to and I went as Indiana Jones!
Honestly I feel like maybe traditional Halloween is dead. I live right off a main highway in town, had the lights on outside, and there are lots of homes around mine. Not a single trick or treater. I didn't care too much because I'm not a big fan of kids, but I had candy just in case. Now there is a bowl of candy chilling in my living room for when people come over. Not a big fan of candy either.

Saturday I went to a party last minute and found a cheap ass costume at wal-mart 50% off. Really awfully made adult iron man costume, but the chest piece did light up. That was cool.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Man I dont know I feel like it just depends on the town / neighborhood. I know where my parents live they had around 30 trick or treaters this year and on years where the weather has been really nice I know they have had over 50 before. I honestly dont understand it! I went trick or treating EVERY year as a kid, weather be damned I was NOT going to miss that!