Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Your worst movie-going experience(s)
Old 05-29-2003, 01:01 AM   #1
Storm Eagle
Saved by...

Now Playing:
Default Your worst movie-going experience(s)

Okay, I'm sure most of us have had them. You blow $6 to $10 to sit in a theater and enjoy a movie, but something happens in the theater that pretty much keeps you from enjoying that movie in peace.

I'll go first.

Actually it's my only sucky movie-going experience. It was when I went to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets back in November. Of course there are going to be a lot of kids there, and they just cannot shut up. Every five minutes some brat has to make a comment that the whole movie theater can hear, loud and clear. Then they have to be shushed.

Now here's what takes the cake.

A crying baby, crying for about 20 minutes. The baby's stupid mother doesn't have the decency to take it out of the theater and calm it down. Then, she can come back in. How obnoxious is that? All she does is go "shhh" to the baby as though it would understand her. What a retarded b*tch. Then after a while, someone suggests to her TWICE, that she should take the baby out of the theater. She didn't seem to care. So not only is she a retarded b*tch, but she's a stubborn retarded b*tch.

I think the next time I find myself struggling to put up with this, I might just go out and call an usher to deal with the problem. It's kind of a strange idea, but it's worth a shot, right?

Okay everybody, it's your turn now. Rant away.

"Love, class, means never having to say 'I'm pregnant'". - Vinnie Barbarino - Welcome Back, Kotter

Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 AM   #2
Jewels
Knight

Now Playing: Why are there so many questions!? my head hurts...

and a baby at a movie.... 1st of all who even takes a baby to a movie!! its not like it understands the plot... that is why they invented a 'babysitter' i think that only children 1 1/2 to 2 years of age should go to a movie.... and i forgot what movie it was but me and my mom went to go and see a movie and there were like this group of 10 teenagers, and they were just the bitchiest and nosiest bitches in the damn theatre, one was even talking on her cell phone!!!! the whole theatre could hear her, even though that i got into the movie for free, i still shouldnt have to take that ****, out of all 10 only 2 werent kicked out for talking to see the show, lol. anywho thats mine

Old 05-29-2003, 02:18 AM   #3
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

A couple summers ago... I forgot what movie I saw... But the theater basically kept shutting off... the movie stopped and it started playing the ads and music that play before the movie, and the lights also came on... It happened a couple times right at the beginning of the movie, them a couple more times throughout the movie, including once at the very end of the movie (maybe 5-10 minutes before the end)... And after that they didn't start playing it again, they just told everybody to leave the theater, they're sorry, yada yada...

They gave everybody a coupon for a free adult admission to a movie though (^-^

Re: Your worst movie-going experience(s)
Old 05-29-2003, 02:24 AM   #4
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour
Default Re: Your worst movie-going experience(s)

Quote:
Originally posted by Storm Eagle

Actually it's my only sucky movie-going experience. It was when I went to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets back in November. Of course there are going to be a lot of kids there, and they just cannot shut up. Every five minutes some brat has to make a comment that the whole movie theater can hear, loud and clear. Then they have to be shushed.
lol, my niece was probably one of those crying kids. The movie scared her to death.

Re: Re: Your worst movie-going experience(s)
Old 05-29-2003, 06:46 AM   #5
bobcat
KOF King

Now Playing: Street Fighter IV
Default Re: Re: Your worst movie-going experience(s)

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo
lol, my niece was probably one of those crying kids. The movie scared her to death.
I can c y

Old 05-29-2003, 09:16 AM   #6
Happydude
Tavern Legend

Now Playing:

didn't have a bad one yet

Old 05-29-2003, 09:20 AM   #7
fingersman
The sexiest man in Gametavern

Now Playing: with God and opporunities

HAHAHHA, you guys would not enjoy going to theater on my island. ..........because when a good part happens in the movie, the whole theater keeps noise and jumps up and down and licks shots( puts the hands in the air and the fingers form the shape of a gun) and you know what ?

I love it. It's like a norm when you go to theaters down here.

I went to Canada and watch Bless the Child and when a good part came up..... I was ready to jump up and down and keep alot of noise.......but then I saw everyone clapping midway in my jump to get up anf behave in the good ol island fashion, when I saw everyone clapping .....so I calmly sit back down and clapped as well. It felt so odd.

Oh yeah one the worst experiences I had at the theater was when i paid money to watch Batman and Robin.

Utter garbage.

Old 05-29-2003, 10:27 AM   #8
Jonbo298
Freaky me Freaky you

Now Playing:

Worst has been when I went to a movie and it kept coming on and off (like DH said) and after enough times, I got a free ticket. Haven't had many troubles with babies or loud people, but I've got years ahead of me.

Credit to Null for sig

Old 05-29-2003, 10:30 AM   #9
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:

It seems like whenever I go to an R-rated movie, there's always some mother who brings her 4-6 year old kid along. Now some R-rated movies I believe are actually ok for that age group such as Billy Elliott (MPAA gave it that rating because of cursing, but there's no nudity or violence or anything otherwise, and it's a great kid's story).

But I draw the line when these kids are brought to something like Black Hawk Down. And the mother tries to shush them up when they get scared by the sight of a guy losing his arm.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed

Old 05-29-2003, 02:10 PM   #10
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

I've had two.

The first one was went I went to see Lord of the Ring at a dollar theater in a mall. First, the screen was tiny. I have literally seen TVs that were bigger than their screen. Granted, those TVs were big TVs but still... The seats were horrible. They were wood and flat and just plain wrong. Plus, there was some idiot right behind me who wouldn't shut up. Every single time Hobbit feet were on the screen, the guy would laugh and go, "Look and them feet! Them are some huge feet! Hairy too!"

Fortunately, it was my fourth or fifth time to see the mobie so...

*shrugs*

The next bad experience was when I went to see Star Wars: Episode II for the second time. When Padme and Anakin were starting to land on Geonosis, the sound started to crack and pop and the characters started to sound like robots when they talked. I got a free movie ticket.

*shrugs and walks away*

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 05-29-2003, 03:25 PM   #11
Yugi Starwind
Knight

Now Playing:

When i went to see "the Matrix:reloaded" (like Xantar) there were probalbly about 20 5year olds or 10 year olds there that couldn't shut their ******* mouths for one second. I was almost ready to deck 'em all......

Old 05-29-2003, 04:44 PM   #12
Yoda9864
Jedi Master

Now Playing: Too many to list...

Quote:
Originally posted by Yugi Starwind
When i went to see "the Matrix:reloaded" (like Xantar) there were probalbly about 20 5year olds or 10 year olds there that couldn't shut their ******* mouths for one second. I was almost ready to deck 'em all......
Exactly!! Opening day of The Matrix: Reloaded and two dumb biatches bring their little kids. They were no more than 2 years old. They wouldn't stop crying. Pretty much ruined the movie. So I went to see it the next day again.

"Do or do not" - Yoda

AIM: Yoda9864

Old 05-29-2003, 05:02 PM   #13
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4

The worst experience I had at a movie would be last year when I went with my cousin to see Spider-Man. There was a group of about eight 19-20 year old friends (guys and girls) sitting behind us, and they wouldn't stop talking and making really obsene comments. I turned around and told them to 'please be quiet' once...then to 'shut the f*ck up', and then later I heard one of them say "hard-ass and bitch" I turned around, and saw that this one guy was looking and pointing at myself and my cousin. I insisted that he walked to the back aisle of the theatre so I could talk to him. One of his buddies came along...I basically told them that I wasn't putting up with their sh*t, and if they were going to continue to ruin the movie for a bunch of viewers I would meet with them again. Some of them still chatted it up a bit afterwards for the remainder of the movie by my cousin convinced me not to do anything afterwards. Needless to say, I was really pissed off...

Old 05-29-2003, 05:57 PM   #14
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Graaarrr! They really ticked off big Stu he come to CRRRUSSSSSH DEEMMM!

Old 05-29-2003, 06:11 PM   #15
Rndm_Perfection
Interrogator

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile

D'oh, I know how you feel Stu. Groups of teens are the worst at the movies.

Movie #1:

I went to see Time Machine with my brother while my family watched some chick flick... I'm not sure which it was at the moment (maybe Ya Ya Sisterhood). Anywho, there was a group of extremely chatty girls sitting a few rows in front of us (nobody in between). Every now and then they'd leave, come back, ask around what happened, and then scream at some parts of the movie. If not for the movie having taken place in hicksville, I'm sure some employees would've busted the place. And, not I or my brother (age 21) were able to quiet the bunch seeing as how a group of about 8 "women" won't respect the requests of two men.

Movie #2:

I was dragged along to see a double-feature a ways back with my family. Believe it or not... it was Spice Girls and Parent Trap. I mean... Good God. I wasn't too dissapointed by the movies, they had their moments... but this was before I lived in a small town. It was in San Luis Obispo California, the center Metropolis of teeny*sp* boppers. Anywho, the theater was filled with little girls 5-12 (maybe a few 16-18, but that was really slim), and their mothers, fathers, and little brothers. Well, hysteric tittering and giggling would occur now and then, and little girl voices filled the air when a famous Spice Girl song was in the background.

... Erase these memories from my mind!