Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

The Round the World is Complete
Old 02-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default The Round the World is Complete

My job works in threes for the most part.

There are 3 shifts (mornings, afternooons and overnights) and there were three units.

Thanks to some restructuring (they are actually closing down the place but need to place all the kids elsewhere before they can), I shall now begin the overnight shift tonight (for those who aren't keeping count I worked the morning shift for four months, the afternoon for 8 and this one until the place closes down) I have also worked all 3 units...

But not the point of this thread... seeing how I now work overnight, I need to find some way to keep my time occuppied. Thankfully I read and write from time to time, but even that isn't enough so I have my trusty Zune. And I need to fill it with all types of goodies.

So recommendations for movies or TV shows or even albums would be nice.

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away

Re: The Round the World is Complete
Old 02-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Szymon
Marquis

Now Playing: Bad Company 2
Default Re: The Round the World is Complete

Just have Microsoft Sam read you some audio books. Zune?? Seriously!?

Old 02-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

I just finished a series on HBO called Carnivále which I really liked. Unfortunately it only lasted two seasons. But it was super good.

Quote:
It's 1934, and we're in the middle of the Dust Bowl, a time when sandstorms and disease were running rampant across the Great Plains. After his mother's death, 18-year-old fugitive Ben Hawkins is picked up by a mysterious traveling carnival run by an unseen force known only as ``Management.'' Surrounded by magic, Ben reconnects with his long-dormant supernatural powers. Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, an evangelical preacher is plagued with apocalyptic visions. What the two of them don't know is that they're set to become players in the great (and heretofore hidden) battle between Darkness and Light.
I can't remember if you watched True Blood or not, but that was another fun one.

The Shield is a bad-ass cop drama that I wholly recommend.

Quote:
A corrupt and brutal L.A. detective runs an elite squad by his own rules in a neighborhood ravaged by drugs and gangs. Unusually gritty and graphically violent, but seldom less than riveting, 'The Shield' gets its biggest jolt from the breakout performance by Michael Chiklis as the complex and volatile Vic Mackey. The drama made Emmy history when he won for Lead Actor in a Drama in 2002, the first such win for a basic-cable series.
If I may ask, what is your source for acquiring TV shows and movies? There's a tracker thats dedicated to providing the best encodes possible for SD and HD content. I guess it's not that important when watching on the Zune's screen, but if you watch anything through your PS3, you might as well have good quality. The caveat is you have to maintain a decent ratio.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #4
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

Daybreak is a very neat short series (13 episodes). About a guy who's framed for murder and who's stuck in the same day.

Oh, and Firefly if you haven't seen it yet.