Go Back   GameTavern > Peanut Talk > Politics

Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: Michele Bachmann made me think [Mostly in rage]

I sympathize with almost everything you said Typh, although I would also add there are just as many crazy Democrats as crazy Republicans.

To play devil's advocate (pardon the pun), there are a lot of evangelicals in America and they do make up a sizable contingency in both political sway and fundraising dollars. I suppose they wouldn't be quite so irritating if they didn't want to impose their social views on everyone (what I would call "conditional conservatism") ... the Democrats try to do this as well though, just from the other side.

Last edited by Bond : 01-05-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
I sympathize with almost everything you said Typh, although I would also add there are just as many crazy Democrats as crazy Republicans.
Even if there are (which I'm not sure of), there isn't a group so large, organized, and well funded as the evangelical Christian sect of republicans.

I don't know what it is about the Republican party that attracts the crazies, but I think it does so more than the Democrat party. I think it has to do with their prerogative to harbor and encourage intolerance. Just about any Republican congressman you ask will say they don't support gay marriage, at least not openly.

There's something fundamentally flawed with that. You can say the entire Republican party isn't composed of evangelical Christians, but they have their claws in deep enough that it's still a valid criticism to say that the party is representative of them.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Quote:
Typh, although I would also add there are just as many crazy Democrats as crazy Republicans.
I acknowledged that in my second post, although less on the 'crazy' and more of the extreme.

Quote:
I don't like extremism on either side. I hate hippies, too. I totally hate hippies. Creep me out. Get a job. Help the economy.

Quote:
the Democrats try to do this as well though, just from the other side.
oh, oh - I'm aware. That's just politics. I get both parties just want control and their own views to come to light, I mean that's really what it's all about. The problem I have, is that [what should be] typical freedoms for everyone, are being guarded because of uneducated hate [By some] under the guise of "God". Freedom of religion? Unless you're Muslim, then get your mosque the fuck out of my town, terrorist. Freedom of speech? Unless you're disagreeing with me, then get the fuck out of my town, hippy. Free Love? Unless you're gay. Then get the fuck out of my town, faggot. Free Choices? Unless you're planning to abort your baby, then get the fuck out of my town, whore.

This is a tangent- again - but I saw an old American citizen on the news and he said "We can't let those Middle East nations get too powerful, they're nations and people ruled by religion." - A relatively fine point for the 21st century. Religion ruling a country is antiquated. If I changed the channel there, that would have been great. But then he had to end it with the gem "God Bless America." For fucks' sake, do you even realize what you're saying. I found that to be one of the most laugh-worthy news moments I've seen recently. It made me blow ash all over my table. Yeah, I watch the news and smoke. Getting two birds stoned at once.

Quote:
Just about any Republican congressman you ask will say they don't support gay marriage, at least not openly.
Yes. In fact many Republicans who were openly vocal against gay marriage were gay themselves. That right there should sort of show how much 'secret power' the Republican party has. If a gay man is willing to think "I'm going to act as if I hate myself, in order for ________ (Positive Personal Gain)", there has to be a pretty massive personal gain. Unless someone is going to make the argument that there are no gay Republicans, just Gay Democrats who haven't found out they're Democrats yet. Unless Gay Republicans are against gay marriage because they like the idea of traditional marriage, yet disagree with the ratio of penises involved with it. And being that they are Republicans, it's usually a pretty safe assumption (I don't mean that as a knock, but realistically) that the person is somewhat Christian, meaning that they also believe homosexuality to not only be a sin, but to be a choice. So think about the turmoil involved in a gay republican opposing gay marriage. He woke up that morning and said "I think today I'll be sexually attracted to some men...again, despite knowing full-well that Lord Almighty, whom I pray to every night - will send me to hell simply for this act alone." I think if homosexuality is a choice, that's a lot scarier than if it's not. That means at any moment any card-carrying Republican male can just suddenly decide he wants to suck a cock. I'm glad Democrat gays are born gay. I figure, as long as you're a straight democrat you'll never have a slight chance of even being gay in the first place, unless you were born that way. Since what each party says is relayed as fact, and ultimately what you say, is what is real to your voters (IE Republican candidates saying homosexuality is a choice, and thusly their voters believing that as fact, despite the fact it's really because of religious beliefs) means that on the other side you have an (nearly) entire group of people who have no fear of ever turning gay. Imagine all the fear in the Republican party. Each time they see another Republican male, they have to think "Hey, maybe this guy will try to jerk me off." Each day they wake up they have to worry "I really hope I don't see a man soooo attractive that I suddenly decide to turn gay. I hope it's not Larry. He just got a new tie."

That entire paragraph is not serious, just a tongue-in-cheek joke - for the love of science.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
I would also add there are just as many crazy Democrats as crazy Republicans.
This is untrue. WAY more crazy Republicans than democrats.

I take that back, it definds how you define crazy. I will say this: there are more Dangerous crazy Republicans.

Crazy democrats protest in parks, smoke weed, and listen to Neil Young.

Crazy Republicans talking about killing Obama, own 4 different automatic rifles and shoot up schools and grocery stores. Republicans will try to deny this but it is true.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Since we're posting country music videos:

Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post
Crazy Republicans talking about killing Obama, own 4 different automatic rifles and shoot up schools and grocery stores. Republicans will try to deny this but it is true.
I'm trying to figure out what you are talking about. What Republicans have shot up schools and grocery stores? I'm trying to imagine Mitt Romney with an AK-47 and I can't stop laughing... I think you are lumping lot of fringies in with Republicans, when they aren't really Republicans at all, just as Black Panthers, Weather Underground, and ELF aren't really Democrats. They abandoned the two party system years ago and have joined their own parties based on anger and conspiracy.

When you have a two party system the fringes will always be a part of each party because there is no realistic alternative. The only saving grace is that they never have enough sway to dominate the parties.

For example, there are three major issues in republican politics: Fiscal, Social, and Security. You need to have 2 of the 3 to get the nomination. Right now Romney is strong with fiscal, moderate with security and weak with social. Santorum is strong with social, moderate with security, and weak on fiscal (although he is trying to catch up). Paul is strong on fiscal, but weak on security and social issues (this is why he has a predestined cap and will never get the nomination, and he knows it).

Bush won re-election because he was strong on social and security issues, and seemed moderate on fiscal at the time. In comparison, McCain was strong on security, was weak on social issues, and when the economy flopped in 2008 he was eviscerated on fiscal issues. Hence, his defeat.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what you are talking about. What Republicans have shot up schools and grocery stores?

First off, he said "Republicans talking about", not "Republicans actually following through with". Just clarifying for him, and all.

I can see what he's saying though. I'm not saying it's fact, but I get his angle, I think:

Your average extreme drunk Democrat will talk about staging a rally, or a people's movement. "Man, we should totally just like...go sit outside city hall tomorrow. Go make a facebook event."

Your average extreme drunk Republican will talk about what he and his gun can do. "Man, someone needs to shoot that motherfucker."

Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoid View Post
First off, he said "Republicans talking about", not "Republicans actually following through with". Just clarifying for him, and all.
Actually that is not what he said. He said they talk about killing Obama, but shoot up schools. And even is he did mean to say they talk about shooting up schools, where and when?

Quote:
I can see what he's saying though. I'm not saying it's fact, but I get his angle, I think:

Your average extreme drunk Democrat will talk about staging a rally, or a people's movement. "Man, we should totally just like...go sit outside city hall tomorrow. Go make a facebook event."

Your average extreme drunk Republican will talk about what he and his gun can do. "Man, someone needs to shoot that motherfucker."

The liberal view of Republicans on this forum is simply hilarious. And what is an "average extreme" anyway? This thread is off the rails to the point of retardation...

Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

Quote:
And what is an "average extreme" anyway?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

... who dropped out of the race after dropping like a rock in the polls and bombing in Iowa of all places.