Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

The Family is Getting a PC
Old 09-13-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:
Default The Family is Getting a PC

Well, yesterday my mom ordered a PC for the family. This would be the first time we've had a PC before. They're not as dedicated to the Mac as I am but this purchase opens me up to a whole new world in which I've never been part of. The world of PC gaming. The only gaming I've ever done is on the consoles. Well, Nanosaur and Bugdom but that can hardly count. Anyways, the reason I come telling you this is because I was hoping the 98% of you PC users could recommend to me some fun games to buy. I have no background of PC gaming so please be patient with me over the next couple of months until I catch up. I'd like some games that I could play over the internet against others like you all do. Don't get me wrong now. I intend only to game on this machine. My heart belongs to Apple.

Thanks!

P.S. Now I actually have a reason to be in GameTrac.

Old 09-14-2002, 01:19 AM   #2
Mushlafa
Knight

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : The Windwaker

Counter strike is great... warcraft 3 if you want... starcraft? diablo? unreal? i dunno many cause up until a weak ago all the gemes i just mentioned didnt work on my comp

Old 09-14-2002, 01:27 AM   #3
Null
The Nullified One

Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Source

well Counter strike being the worst possible PC game you could play prolly. like 200% of the people in it cheat. cheating is rampid in that game. As it is in Quake 3 also. (not quite as bad tho)

You got just in time to get the Best tho...... . Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo was JUST released tonight. =) shouldnt be long till the full game is out.

and WarCraft3 id recommend also.

DS Friends Code:
300 721 299 757

Wii Friends Code:
4481 4992 4915 9887

Old 09-14-2002, 02:28 AM   #4
Mushlafa
Knight

i jus started counter strike but.. theres anti cheat servers and other anti cheat things implemented so that people dont cheat..

Old 09-14-2002, 02:37 AM   #5
Null
The Nullified One

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushlafa
i jus started counter strike but.. theres anti cheat servers and other anti cheat things implemented so that people dont cheat..
lol. you'll learn soon enough that theres just as many cheaters on thoes servers as others.

same as in other games. people find ways around it. and they'll use cheats/bots that it work matter what server, they'll still work.

and believe me they do. CS is one of the worst games for cheating i've seen in a long time. Q3 isnt far behind these days tho.

Old 09-15-2002, 01:58 AM   #6
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:

Meh, most of the cheaters are so retarded that I can still beat them. And I don't cheat. And I'm not even that good.

"Truth is not determined by a majority vote." - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981
"Abortion is mean." - Rock For Life
"Remember men, we're all in the same boat - and women are on the shore, laughing." - Red Green

Old 09-16-2002, 03:40 AM   #7
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Can anyone tell me about Black & White?

Old 09-17-2002, 09:48 PM   #8
Cyrax9
1st GT Member with US Cube

Now Playing:
If I could put "Blakc & White" into words I'd do it, it's kinda like playng god, it's weird but somewhat fun.

As for other Games, try Quake 3 Arena, Unreal (any Unreal), "Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force" which is a dman good game, especialy online, Civilization III for strategy (Be prepared to lose your life once you get this, it's very additcive) and if you like some "Space Combat" Sims, try "Star Trek: Bridge Commander", also be sure to play "MS Flight Simulato" while Cursing out Bill Gates for making your 747 unable to fly (Flight Simulator 98 is horrible, I've tyied every craft and I can't even get the damn thing off the ground), another game you might want to play on the PC is "Return to Castle Wolfenstien", if you don't have a Mac version.

I think I've given you enough games for awhie, so quit yapin' and Star playing! (J/k), good Luck Gamnemaster, welcome to te world of Games and "Blue Screens".
#1. A short time in the future, ina living room nbot so far away...

"CONSOLE WARS IX"
It is the dawning of the 9th Console war; 23 years after the first shots were luanched from the Big "N", A new player has been screwing with the world of gaming while a former rival is developing a massive Behomth, the PSX, the Big "N" is outnumbered but theyhave a secert weapon.. he GameCube II!

#2.Freedom of speech and freedom of idiocy are not synonymous-Lady Iapetus

Old 09-17-2002, 10:36 PM   #9
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Thanks Cyrax9. I think I understood everything except for blue screen I'll catch on soon enough

Old 09-17-2002, 11:06 PM   #10
Null
The Nullified One

Quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster
Thanks Cyrax9. I think I understood everything except for blue screen I'll catch on soon enough
if your using WinXP. just ignore his blue screen comment. it doesnt exist for XP.

on other windows, your PC might get an error and it would flick to an entire blue screen with a error message.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:10 PM   #11
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Yeah, it'll have XP.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:58 PM   #12
Mushlafa
Knight

noooooooo the dreaded blue screen of death...
*random people whisper to mushlafa*
oh yeah.. ummm..
*walks away wit xp cd in pocket*

Old 09-18-2002, 10:55 PM   #13
PureEvil
The Wheelman

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax9
Flight Simulator 98 is horrible, I've tyied every craft and I can't even get the damn thing off the ground...
That's just because you suck. Don't blame the flight simulator.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:40 AM   #14
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:

Also try Battlefield 1942. Good luck on getting it to work on the first try though.

"Truth is not determined by a majority vote." - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981
"Abortion is mean." - Rock For Life
"Remember men, we're all in the same boat - and women are on the shore, laughing." - Red Green

Old 09-19-2002, 12:54 AM   #15
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Can someone tell me about The Sims.