Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

16x Memory Card (1000 block thing)
Old 04-09-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
~VIN~
Baron

Now Playing:
Arrow 16x Memory Card (1000 block thing)

I saw the review of this thing on IGN, and I knew I had to get it cause I was needing another card soon anyways.

I picked one up at my local EB for $40 CAN(i expected around $60)

This card kicks all ass of everything else and is a must have. I can fit my Madden Franchise and all my other Madden stuff on there without having ot delete any other files I worked so hard on.

The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't fit in my game cases. So you're forced to leave it inside the Cube. (minor problem)

If you own a Cube, this is a must have (especially if you have sports games). You'll never have to buy another memory card again.

Old 04-09-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

I'll just wait for the 64Mb. Yours does seem quite nice too though.

Last edited by GameKinG : 04-10-2002 at 09:58 AM.

Old 04-09-2002, 04:59 PM   #3
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Thanks for the reccomendation ~VIN~. I don't own that many games yet and I think 1000 blocks could last me a long time. I'm guessing with time the games are going to require more and more blocks though so, maybe I will end up filling one. But still, I'd rather have a one card with everything than several regular cards. Makes life easier...

Old 04-09-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Quote:
Originally posted by lEatHErFaCe69
ill jus wait for the 64Mb 1 tho.ur does seem quite nice this moment tho.
Do you reply to everything? Earlier today your post count was like 210 and now it's 243...

Anyways... Yeah it's a lotta space, but I also heard that IGN or someone got a lot of E-mail of people complaining of various problems... I'm not gonna get it just cuz it's a third party card... I'll wait for that bigger Nintendo card... 256 or however many blocks it holds...

Old 04-09-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster
Thanks for the reccomendation ~VIN~. I don't own that many games yet and I think 1000 blocks could last me a long time. I'm guessing with time the games are going to require more and more blocks though so, maybe I will end up filling one. But still, I'd rather have a one card with everything than several regular cards. Makes life easier...
...and more inexpensive

Old 04-09-2002, 05:18 PM   #6
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by lEatHErFaCe69

...and more inexpensive
Leatherface, this is your third warning. Stop post cramming.

Old 04-09-2002, 05:28 PM   #7
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

This is'nt fair bond, and you know it. According to your rules shooter can post cram as much as he wants.

Old 04-09-2002, 06:17 PM   #8
~VIN~
Baron

Now Playing:
Arrow

Ya, I hate getting third party stuff. But this was calling out to me. I was planning on getting all Nintendo cards because they look nice, but it sucks spending almost double as much as you yanks.

+

I couldn't wait for a larger Nintendo card because I was running out of stuff to delete and I rent a lot of games.

Old 04-09-2002, 06:21 PM   #9
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

I know. Third party memeory cards are known to corrupt and not save often. This is only sometimes thought. In my case, I have terrible luck with memory cards.(3rd party ones that is)

Old 04-09-2002, 07:56 PM   #10
BigJustinW
The Greatest One

Now Playing:

~VIN~ I got one too... and it does kick ass. I only own SSB:Melee, THPS3, and NBA Street for Gamecube... but that card has saved every Game I have ever rented. (and I haven't had the need to delete anything yet... well, except ASBB 2003 )

Old 04-09-2002, 08:07 PM   #11
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

Ohh! You played All Star Baseball 2003. I heard that was going to be good. How was it, I want a baseball game for my cube so badly.

Old 04-09-2002, 10:53 PM   #12
~VIN~
Baron

Now Playing:
Arrow

I only own smash bros and Madden, so the card rules no matter how many games you own! Hurray!

Old 04-09-2002, 11:06 PM   #13
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

A photographers dream! No longer must I thumb through memory cards looking for some space! The sky is my limit to the amount of pictures I can take in Camera Mode of Super Smash Bros. Melee! Rejoice! All thanks to a $40, third party memory pack!

Old 04-09-2002, 11:29 PM   #14
newname
Knight

Now Playing:

...and I suppose you will rejoice when you lose all your photos, and data on ssbm.

Old 04-10-2002, 12:36 AM   #15
quiet mike
uninspired

Now Playing: video games

I also have the card. I transfered all my saves on it (11 games) and out of 1019 blocks I still have 957 blocks free. With the regular ones I needed 2 cards.

I haven't had any problems with it, and it costed only double the amount of a 59 card. That means that I saved $201.79
Plus considering that 11 games only take that much space (great job Nintendo for making such excelent memory management) I will never fill up that card, no matter how many games I'll get, since I only buy about 4 sport games that need the franchise mode saves in the entire life of the system.

Yes there are always problems with 3-rd party accesories and sometimes even first party, but until now the card seems to be good, with a few problems because of production, not design. THat means that someone might have gotten a faulty card, but that the rest are solid. We'll see it it holds for the next few months than it's all green.