Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Re: If you're going to the movies...
Old 10-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #46
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday
Default Re: If you're going to the movies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stu
This thread is a train wreck.
Yes.

Yes it is...

MWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Old 10-25-2006, 11:25 PM   #47
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor S
Yes.

Yes it is...

MWAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

I wonder who helped derail it.

HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

(joking sarcasm it's all good emote goes here)

Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #48
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

****ing right. This is the best thread I have seen at GameTavern in ages.

First of all, Link and GM should just change their titles to janitors, not ushers or floor managers. If you seriously think people are going to change, you've got another thing coming. People pay high prices to see movies in the theatre and to eat and drink in the theatre. It is not the customers fault that you have a ****ty ass job. If you want a better job, go get some education and find a better one. Or if this is your part time job that is putting you through your educational training, just quit and find another, easier, less stressful job. And if you are looking for a less stressful job than working at a damn movie theatre, you're going to be kind of shocked that there aren't too many out there.

If you think that people are being idiots when they leave too much food on the floor, then screw them, do a half ass job at cleaning up. Keep on doing a crappy job at cleaning up, until enough customers complain, then you will get fired and have nothing to complain about. That sounds like a plan.

And if you want a "thank you" from your patrons, maybe you are just not trying hard enough Link. At all the jobs I have ever worked at, I usually busted my ass off, and had a smile on my face doing it. Loading up 20 foot stick of 4 inch pipe onto trucks in the pooring rain, you bet your ass I have a smile on my face. Why? Because it sure is a hell of a lot better than cleaning up after people like Null and Prof. S, haha.

And I am not sure how it is at your movie theatres, but usually the people that work at the ones I go to are punk kids who are working for the first time in their life. They don't know what hard work is. They might seem to think that mopping the floor is hard, until they get a real job where their actions actually mean something to the company they work for.

And, if it is so bad, rally your troop and go on strike. If you think you are in such a bad position, do something to change it!

Old 10-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #49
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:

Well, geez. You'd think my original post was an angst filled sobfest about the horrors of working at a movie theatre if you'd just read the thread following it. It was no such thing. All it was was a list of things that I would make my day a bit better if more customers thought of those things.

I don't spend the day hating where I'm at and wishing I were anywhere else but working at some hellhole movie theatre. I actually like my job. I like movies and I like the movie theatre environment. That's why I started working at one and why I don't plan on quitting. But every job has something frustrating or annoying that comes with it. I bet while you're laughing it up at theatre workers because you get to load pipes onto trucks in the rain, you'll thinking at least a little "boy it sure is cold; golly I wish I didn't have to do this in the rain" or something like that. The way customers act sometimes makes me think on occasion "boy, I wish customers weren't such slobs or rude jerks."

And, yes, I do occasionally get thank yous, although I must admit I don't anything so prestigious or noteworthy as loading pipes onto trucks in the rain. I just don't think people recognize exactly how much of a pain it is to have to bend down every step down the aisle in order to pick up a piece of their trash enough.

And, just FYI, while the starting positions are, yes, almost minimum wage jobs that are typically filled by 16-17 year olds who barely last a month before walking out, you can advance up the ladder, and the ladder goes pretty far. While managing a theatre or group of theatres isn't exactly my dream goal, I wouldn't say its a bad way to fail at life, if you take my meaning.

So, you do your part for the economy by peeing in the corner, Mr. S. And you have fun loading those pipes onto trucks in the rain, Mr. iss. I'm going to go clean a theatre.

*BTW, I'm usually in concession, so I don't really deal with the trash much, anyway*

/me shrugs and walks away

Current Review: Xenogears

Old 10-26-2006, 04:22 AM   #50
GameMaster
★★★

Now Playing:

Do NOT ask me where the restroom is. Simply having a restroom at the movie theatre is an act of generosity on our behalf. If you cannot provide the respect and gratefulness I deserve by locating the restroom yourself, then you deserve to **** in your pants. And if I were in charge, I would deny use of the restroom to any customer who had the nerve to ask me where the restroom was.

Do NOT complain to me if a restroom is out of paper towels or toilet paper. Again, these materials are a privilege, not a right. The fact that we spend money providing these materials is an outrage in and of itself. But for customers to summon the nerve to complain when these materials are not provided by us, is reason enough alone for me to have the restrooms torn down and turned into condom dispensers. Bring your own ****ing paper towels and toilet paper you son of a bitches!

Old 10-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #51
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster
Do NOT ask me where the restroom is. Simply having a restroom at the movie theatre is an act of generosity on our behalf. If you cannot provide the respect and gratefulness I deserve by locating the restroom yourself, then you deserve to **** in your pants. And if I were in charge, I would deny use of the restroom to any customer who had the nerve to ask me where the restroom was.

Do NOT complain to me if a restroom is out of paper towels or toilet paper. Again, these materials are a privilege, not a right. The fact that we spend money providing these materials is an outrage in and of itself. But for customers to summon the nerve to complain when these materials are not provided by us, is reason enough alone for me to have the restrooms torn down and turned into condom dispensers. Bring your own ****ing paper towels and toilet paper you son of a bitches!
Keep dreaming while you mop-up the piss dribbed seats in the men's room.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #52
Null
The Nullified One

Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeiss
Because it sure is a hell of a lot better than cleaning up after people like Null and Prof. S, haha.

I'm guessing your current job doesn't require that you READ. lol

DS Friends Code:
300 721 299 757

Wii Friends Code:
4481 4992 4915 9887

Old 10-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #53
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4
Thumbs up Re: If you're going to the movies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster

If I walked into your theatre and said to you "Tell me how to get to the washroom" you would do exactly that, and if I told you to give me some fresh paper towel, you would do that too.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:33 PM   #54
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null
I'm guessing your current job doesn't require that you READ. lol
Oh it requires me to read, it just doesn't require me to put the information together to make a response that makes any sense.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #55
Null
The Nullified One

Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeiss
Oh it requires me to read, it just doesn't require me to put the information together to make a response that makes any sense.

I dunno... because you sure haven't read the thread very well, as i said a few times, i don't eat at all in the theater

so cleaning up nothing is really rather easy. lol

DS Friends Code:
300 721 299 757

Wii Friends Code:
4481 4992 4915 9887