Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Towards a career? or backstabbed?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:02 AM   #1
Jewels
Knight

Now Playing: Why are there so many questions!? my head hurts...
Default Towards a career? or backstabbed?

i have an arguement that is unsolved i believe that it needs some opinion, me and my friend nick started dating, then we started working together, and this is the update... please anyone opinions would help me ever much so...

at work nick was in the electronic department ful time and almost every day he complained that he wanted to go home early because he was bored, half the time he was given a duty over their, and he would either do it half-asked or he would not do it at all, along with his attitude he is one of them, dont give me **** or ill give you **** back... he even talked back to his boss, (the team leader in charge of that department and hardlines) so, today was the day, they let him go, they told him due to payroll cut and because of his attitude and his performance, believe me there wasnt a day that went by where he didnt complain about his job, so.... they fired him and some positions become available over their, thinking of how i couldnt work with nick in the first place, now is a time for me to apply for a position, since the front end is ever so boring, and this is an oppurtunity to get away from it, so i applied, i told nick, he said he wouldnt be mad at me, i then talked to him about 30 minutes later he was down right pissed, he broke up with me over a stupid job....~! a job to which he got his ownself fired from! electronics having something to do with my career, i applied, thinking he would be happy for me, because its what i want to do in life, work with computers, he is ever so pissed and ended things over a ridiculous job that can easily come and go.... so i told him that its retarted that he wanted to break up with me just over a stupid job. im sorry i care about this kid too much to have things end over a stupid job, he said i backstabbed him, and we argued a bit more, he calmed down sorta and just said ill call ya tomorrow, as far as im certain i am single and will not be going back with him, what do you think did i make a right move? or backstab an asshole who got himself fired?

Re: Towards a career? or backstabbed?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:11 AM   #2
Hero2
Knight

Now Playing: FFXI/UT2k4/WoW
Default Re: Towards a career? or backstabbed?

you say ever so much alot.....but anyway Id say f*** him anyone willing to be an asshole (in work or to there GF) gets what they deserve.

FFXI Hume 63pld/33war/14whm/6blm/18thf
WoW illidan: 60 rogue

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." Deep thoughts by Jack Handy

Old 04-15-2004, 01:13 AM   #3
jeepnut
Mr. Sarcasm

Now Playing:

Sounds like a person who needs help.

"Truth is not determined by a majority vote." - Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981
"Abortion is mean." - Rock For Life
"Remember men, we're all in the same boat - and women are on the shore, laughing." - Red Green

Old 04-15-2004, 01:16 AM   #4
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:

I think hes crazy.....
.......Ya me too.....
......Maybe he has a split personality......
.....I agree with those guys...
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #5
Happydude
Tavern Legend

Now Playing:

if he breaks up with you over something you preferably should have (experience) for the future instead of being happy for you...then like all 6 guys above said...he can go f*ck himself.

Old 04-15-2004, 05:34 AM   #6
ominub
Knight

Now Playing: FFXI

I Agree with the above posters, its stupid what he did, oh well guess its his loss isnt it.

FFXI: Ominub, Galka 75DRK
Nation: Bastok Rank 10

Old 04-15-2004, 07:02 AM   #7
Kitana85
Celtic Cutie

Now Playing: Lego Star Wars

I can't believe he acted so irresponsibly on the job. It is hiw own fault that he was fired. You later took the inititative and got yourself a better job. I don't see what he should be pissed at you for.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #8
Dark Samurai
A Samurai? Duh...

Now Playing: Modern Warfare 2

I've had this situation before, (except I was the one that got the new job). It was at a BestBuy, my ex was cashier there for a year, when she told me that there was openings, I went for it. I got the job, and astonishingly I had the better paycheck, the was thoroughly(sp?) pissed off. We broke up because of this big arguement that men get the better paycheck, and stuff like that. Oh, and I was cashier too.

So I say that you should just move on, its better that you have a good career, than a bastard-ass boyfriend.

Wii: 7837 3313 7864 6879
Smash: 0516 7138 6445

Add me, then challenge me!

Old 04-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #9
DimHalo
Language Goddess

Now Playing: Nights on the Wii

i would say that you should move on. you did fine trying to get a new job, it was not your fault he was fired. and if he really cared about you he would be happy for you, so since he doesn't then he's not worth being with

www.myspace.com/alexismmm

It's another night in hell, Another child won't live to tell
Can you imagine what it's like to starve to death

And as we sit free and well, Another soldier has to yell
Tell my wife and children I love them in his last breath

C'mon now amen, amen, amen

Old 04-15-2004, 10:19 AM   #10
Jewels
Knight

Now Playing: Why are there so many questions!? my head hurts...

thanx guys, he supposed to talk to me sometime todaY but i dont think im gonna talk with him, he should be ****ing happy that i finally got a job that deals with my career, that and i work at sams club, and in the front end, the only thing a cashier does is get to stand around all day checking therefore it sucked for me, and he was in the same position, so he got out into the electronics ****ed his job up and they fired him, now i applied for it, APPLIED! that doesnt neccessarily mean that ill get it! and he cant see that, love this kid i do but its bull**** to play war on the behalf that i did nothing wrong, he told his mom that he was LAYED OFF... layed off!!! now shes mad at me that i moved in on his position, she doesnt even know the whole half of the story!!!!! aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh ill let yall know what happends today. but a high ass chance i wont go back, i dont need to take this crap, especially when im getting out of this town in the fall to attend U.S.D. for computer science, yes i am excited, i was accepted to the University Of South Dakota..... and how do you think he took that.... little pissed and sad... I JUST CANT WIN!!! but this argument i will!

Old 04-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #11
Jonbo298
Freaky me Freaky you

Now Playing:

Keep acting tough to his mom until she listens to you. I'd keep repeating "LISTEN TO MY SIDE OF THE STORY" until she complied.

Worst comes to worst, just leave her house and never worry about her again.

Credit to Null for sig

Old 04-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #12
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

This guy sounds like an Idiot.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #13
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12

He's acting irrationaly because he feels that he's a failure. I have seen this several times before. Now, instinctively men feel they have to be the provider. We can't help that. That's just the way we are. If he loses his job and you take his position that probably makes him feel like less of a man so to speak. He's most likely feeling crummy that he lost his job and it hurts him to see you come in and take his job. It's a big blow to his pride.
I think that may be tricky for any of us to deal with. (Someone we cared about taking our job. Think about it.)

Now, I'm not saying he wasn't acting irrationally. In fact, he was being kind of a jerk. But I also feel that he can't help the way he's feeling. So, if you care about him and he'll be enough of a man to talk it through with you and accept that you may get his job, then give him another shot.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #14
DimHalo
Language Goddess

Now Playing: Nights on the Wii

not talking to him would make him think you don't care about him. if he wants to talk about it rationally then you should give him that chance. otherwise you'll just be showing him the same respect he showed you, be the bigger person

www.myspace.com/alexismmm

It's another night in hell, Another child won't live to tell
Can you imagine what it's like to starve to death

And as we sit free and well, Another soldier has to yell
Tell my wife and children I love them in his last breath

C'mon now amen, amen, amen

Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #15
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears

I most deffinatly agree with Dylflon (wise words my friend) and JS. I'm not going to take up for him, because there was nothing good about what he did, it was pretty dumb of him.

But if you read what Dylflon said, you'll get an idea of why he did it. There is no such thing as a perfect human, and everyone is a jerk sometimes, and everyone does things to hurt other peoples feelings sometime. If this guy is willing to talk to you about it, then I say you deffinatly give him another chance. He is probably regretting every word he said right now. I know the feeling. I've done or said something stupid to someone I cared about a lot...and afterwords I realized how stupid it was and I relived the moment over and over, each time I did things right or I said something to make it all better...the sad thing is that none of them counted, of course, becuase it's reality that matters.

But I think you should give him another chance if he is willing to talk about it.