Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

My 3 year old cousin is addicted to Nintendo!
Old 07-03-2002, 03:29 PM   #1
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
My 3 year old cousin is addicted to Nintendo!

Har Har! My 3(I think he is 3, he might be younger though) year old cousin from New York is addicted. Whenever he comes over here, he makes me, or my brother, play Gamecube with him. He comes in the house, and says? You play tendo? and if nobody will play with him, he bitches and cries til he gets his way. He likes Super Smash Bros Melee the most. He can move around and push the b button. That is all he does. He only pushes the b button. His man of choice is Ganandorf, Im guessing because he has the most powerful B move. He also likes Mewtwo an Samus. He refuses to play with the Wavebird, its halarious, he dosent understand the concept of no wire. I tried to pull the old dirty trick on him that I always used to use on my brother years ago...that is, giving him a controller and saying he is playing, when really setting his guy to computer. It failed. He knew it wasnt working right...smart kid...anybody else have any funny stories with really little kids and videogames?

Old 07-03-2002, 04:41 PM   #2
Happydude
Tavern Legend

Now Playing:

lol...thats pretty funny anyhoo...no i don't have any funny stories...my life is as boring is it gets

Old 07-03-2002, 04:45 PM   #3
Drunk Hobbit

Now Playing:

I remember when I was on the train one time, for over 30 min this little girl was explaining Game Boy Advance to her mother (number of buttons, what every button does, how big it is, how heavy, etc.) and how she really wanted to get it. And during that time I was playing Sonic Advance behind them.

Old 07-03-2002, 05:27 PM   #4
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

I have some fun stories about putering! ... I just don't remember them at the moment..

Oh yeah I was 2 when I started playing. I have a picture to proof it.

There are some more stories though...

But your cousin is hilarious!

Old 07-03-2002, 05:51 PM   #5
Jason1
J-Dub

Oh yea, just today, I was playing golf with some friends and this kid I didnt know. My friend is an ass when it comes to his videogame systems, and his PS2 broke on him(prolly from too much throwing of his controller at the PS2 itself) Anywho, he told me his ps2 dont work anymore, and Im like, ''get a gamecube, they are only 150 bucks, and the kid I didnt know proceded to inform me that the gamecube overheats because it dosent have a fan. I informed him it does have a fan, and he said yea but it is too small. and I said it does the job fine, and he is like if you leave the Gamecube on too long it overheats...im just like whatever, I was playing really good golf, and I didnt want to ruin anything, but I did anyways I got a 6 on the next hole...damn kid...this is kind of off topic but I thought I would get it off my back anyways.

Old 07-03-2002, 06:11 PM   #6
bobcat
KOF King

Now Playing: Street Fighter IV

My 2 cousins (aged 8 and 7) They are crazy

Well they were playing DOA3 (coz I didn't have a Cube at the time) and the person losing gets ****ty @ the person winning.

Obviously they can't play it. Then the loser tries to grab the winners control pad so she can win. And they get really pissed, then one usually sulks for the rest of the night

Also there was this one unpleasant story whereby @ Xmas 2 years ago those same cousins came over and we were playing "Ready To Rumble" on DC.

After playing it a lot one of the cousins goes to the other one "Beck you got RUMBLE" (beck is short for Rebecca) and one of them goes nuts and punches me in the eye, giving me a mean black eye.

The next couple of days we had to go to church for a christening and they were all there. I explained the situation, and was laughed at quite a lot, sometimes even pointed at

I'd rather forget that actually.............

Old 07-03-2002, 06:17 PM   #7
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions

I know this isn't a lil kid story but...

My little Cousin, who is 13, loves playing video games... a few weeks ago I brought my Gamecube over with NBA 2k2. We played about 5 game, I won all five of course.

I was getting tired, and I wanted to quit, and when I told him he got pissed and said "one more game"

I felt bad for him, so I picked the bulls, and he picked the all 80's east all stars ( ) and at half time I was up 30, his little brothers came over and started making fun of him, and I looked back and he was crying....

I laughed at him so hard that my throat started to hurt

For the rest of his life I will remind his that I beat him so bad at a game that I made him cry,

Now that you are done reading my waste of time story, carry on.

Old 07-03-2002, 06:45 PM   #8
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

When I was little (5 or 6 years old), my dad would force me and my 2-year older brother to watch him play Dragon Warrior on the NES. What would always happen is that my brother and I would try to sneak out of the room, and down the stairs. So, my brother would always sneak away. Then I would try, and my dad would always catch me. So then he would force me to be the "map man" and tell him where to go. Yep.

And speaking about my dad, he was amazing at videogames... That is on the NES and SNES. Ever since the N64 came along, there have been too many buttons for my dad to play games well. It is quite a laugh watching him try to play Medal of Honour : Front Line for the PS2. He sucks at using both control sticks at the same time. So he only uses one at any given time. It is hillarious.

Old 07-03-2002, 07:07 PM   #9
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:

lol, one stick at a time!

Me and my bro played Street Figther 2 once at my dad's store (that sold computers). We managed to beat the first guy (Ryu or something) and I told it in my class that I beat the guy and stuff like that (pretty stupid to tell that but hey I didn't know). The same afternoon (after school) we beat the whole game. And I didn't tell that @ school.

Yeah I know it's boring but I gotta come up with something right?

Old 07-03-2002, 08:51 PM   #10
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4

one time I was jumping on my couch downstairs when I was little and my dad came downstairs saying "hey marky, wanna play super mario brothers?" and when he saw me jumping on the couch he took away my nintendo so I kicked him in the shins and then he took away my TV privileges

come to think of it...

that was pretty funny

Old 07-03-2002, 09:40 PM   #11
Jason1
J-Dub

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGame
I know this isn't a lil kid story but...

My little Cousin, who is 13, loves playing video games... a few weeks ago I brought my Gamecube over with NBA 2k2. We played about 5 game, I won all five of course.

I was getting tired, and I wanted to quit, and when I told him he got pissed and said "one more game"

I felt bad for him, so I picked the bulls, and he picked the all 80's east all stars ( ) and at half time I was up 30, his little brothers came over and started making fun of him, and I looked back and he was crying....

I laughed at him so hard that my throat started to hurt

For the rest of his life I will remind his that I beat him so bad at a game that I made him cry,

Now that you are done reading my waste of time story, carry on.
That is pretty mean to laugh at your poor cousin...you could've said something like ''well im a lot older than you and have had more videogame experience, so you cant expect to win''

but it was funny...

Old 07-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #12
Joeiss
Pinned by Dyne on Festivus

Now Playing: SOCOM: US Navy SEALS

Haha... Stu, why did you kick your dad?

Next time, kick him where it hurts.

Oh, and speaking of "beating up" parents, one of my friends (when he was 6) was playing NES with his dad and sister. His dad kept losing, but never gave up the controller. My friend got so mad, that he slapped his dad right in the kisser. He got the strap after that.

Old 07-03-2002, 10:42 PM   #13
Jonbo298
Freaky me Freaky you

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by Joeiss
He got the strap after that.
The strap?:eek:

Credit to Null for sig

Old 07-04-2002, 05:58 AM   #14
Bube
President of the Galaxy

Now Playing: Alice: Madness Returns, WoW

A 6 year old cousin came to my house 2 days ago, and he wanted to play my N64 a lot. He would come and go and say "I'm going to play Nintendo!" My brother would say "No, the machine is too hot right now, maybe in a few hours it will cool down."

So the kid keeps checking every 5 minutes. We couldn't hold him any longer, and he started playing.

He wanted to play SSB, so I started a 4 player game, all CPU players. He played for a few minutes and said "This guy doesn't go where I want him to". So I said "If you don't control him for 3 seconds, the computer takes control. When you try to move, you can control the character again."

So he believed me, and played 2 games like that. Then got bored.

Old 07-04-2002, 09:02 AM   #15
fingersman
The sexiest man in Gametavern

Now Playing: with God and opporunities
Talking

Well when I was younger (6 or 7)......my parents wanted me to go and do homework so there I was 6 or 7 playing Nes ( super mario bros 1) and not wanting to do any sort of school work..so I think I found way to con them into playing the game with me.

Of course I know my parents can't play any games ...so it's obvious that they're gonna die right?? and since we playing pass of the controller when you die...it's obvious I'm gonna get the controller the most right??

Wrong..first my parents hog the controller...I think they got to stage 1-2 and then when I finally get to play my Dad is like Ryan I think you had enough games for the day...go do your work So I get shoveled to my room to do work with the Nes stilll playing.

moral of story...Don't try to outsmart your parents when your that young

Wait till you get older