Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Old 12-16-2002, 09:24 PM   #76
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecutter
I forgot about that. WOO bye bye vet. Now all we have to do is get rid of cinergy in cincinnati and busch in st. louis and we can forever purge baseball of those suckey awful cookie cutter stadiums.

Hey now...lets not dis Busch Stadium...it is way more functional than that Old rusting Peice of crap Wrigley Field. But, alas, your wish will soon get granted. Cardinals plan to be in a new Stadium for the 2006 season, which means bye bye bush...

But back on topic...Steelers won yesterday...makes them a respectable 8-5-1.

Old 12-16-2002, 10:01 PM   #77
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

The Eagles will play Donovan McNabb when he is healthy enough to play and there is no doubt that this is the right move, but the only thing that I worry about is rust. It's hard to throw a QB into a 2nd round playoff game (hopefully), and that the game is his first in 7-8 weeks. The team is playing great now and I just worry that the adjustment time may take a quarter or a half in that first game, and basically you can't sacrifice that much time for such a huge game. My biggest wish is that Donovan could somehow, some way play in the regular season finally just to get his feet wet again. As we have shown though, we don't need the best QB to win, and even if Donovan isn't the same right away, we know that our running game and defense will keep us in games (and the crowd if we get home-field at the Vet)

P.S Jason Baker SUCKS...I'm serious, you never know how much you miss a guy like Sean Landeta until someone this bad takes his place. I don't want the other god damn team on the 45 yard line every time they get the ball...You simply cannot sacrifice that sort of field position in a meaningful game. (This was part of the reason that the Redskins were able to come back.) I doubt we can sign another punter this late in the year, so I guess we'll have to stick it out, I mean the guy gets a mock standing ovation for kicking the ball 40 yards like he's supposed to...I saw Akers limping after his last kickoff also...if we lost both of those guys, our special teams would be royally screwed.

EDIT: Hahahaha! I was just watching Sportsnite and Jason Baker was RELEASED. Thank god, I guess we know that we can get someone else that is hopefully better...oh well, that previous rant was useless.

Last edited by The Germanator : 12-16-2002 at 10:07 PM.

Old 12-17-2002, 02:18 AM   #78
Stonecutter

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason1
Hey now...lets not dis Busch Stadium...it is way more functional than that Old rusting Peice of crap Wrigley Field.

LO FVCKING L

Have you ever been to Wrigley? I've been to both Wrigley and busch and if you think busch comes even close you're out of your mind. Wrigley is the crown jewel of baseball's stadiums. I've never been to fenway but that's the only stadium that could possibly match Wrigley.

Old 12-17-2002, 02:23 AM   #79
Stonecutter

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by The Germanator
The Eagles will play Donovan McNabb when he is healthy enough to play and there is no doubt that this is the right move, but the only thing that I worry about is rust. It's hard to throw a QB into a 2nd round playoff game (hopefully), and that the game is his first in 7-8 weeks. The team is playing great now and I just worry that the adjustment time may take a quarter or a half in that first game, and basically you can't sacrifice that much time for such a huge game. My biggest wish is that Donovan could somehow, some way play in the regular season finally just to get his feet wet again. As we have shown though, we don't need the best QB to win, and even if Donovan isn't the same right away, we know that our running game and defense will keep us in games (and the crowd if we get home-field at the Vet)

You know, if I were the eagles I'd keep feely out there unless he loses one of the last two games (unless mcnabb can come back in week 17.) The only thing worse than not having your starter play is having a cold qb come in. Rembember when the bills tried that crap back in.....98? 99? either way the year that fluite was the starter the whole year then they decide to put rob johnson in for the playoff game. Hell, the same thing happened back in 86. The bears were in the playoffs and rather than play Jim McMahanon who had started most of the year the put the then Rookie Doug Fluitie in to play in the playoffs and got their asses kicked.

Old 12-17-2002, 02:28 AM   #80
Stonecutter

Now Playing:

Updated

1 Eagles or Bucs Depending on who gets home field. I think these two meet in the NFC Championship game and the home team wins.

2 Bucks/Eagles

3 Raiders

I know they lost but I still cant put them any lower than 3. I think they're the only legit team in the AFC they just had a bad game this week and it's probably good to get it out of their systmes at this point.

4 Packers

Ehh I hate doing this but I really think this is the only other team with a chance at the super bowl but they need home field to have a chance.

5???? who the hell knows there really isn't any team that deserves this spot this week. I'm thinking maybe it could be the saints then they lose or the chargers but they lose two in a row. I refuse to give it to the dolphins becasue they are the most overrated team in football but other than that I dont know. I think maybe Colts.

Old 12-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #81
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Eagles Thoughts

There are a lot of people loving Feeley right now, and he has been doing a good job. Buts thats it. He's doing enough. If you take a look at some of his throws, about 1/4 of them are downright stupid and only half of them are good choices. He will play well enough for the Eagles to win out the rest of the season, but come the playoffs he has to go.

1) He hasn't played against a fast defensive unit yet.

2) He hasn't been beaten up yet.

3) Out of Philly's 3 quarterbacks, he has the least amount of zip on the ball (he does throw will excellent touch, however)

For those 2 reasons he will lose if he starts against the Bucs. The Bucs will put him on the ground throughout the game and their linebackers and d-backs may be the fastest in ther league and they will catch up to those tipped balls and lobbed passes that Feeley was throwing against the Redskins.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Feeley is doing a very good job in his role and he WILL be an excellent quarterback in the future, but if he starts in the playoffs he'll get eaten alive.

Donovan is the best choice to start against the Bucs, just because of the X-faxtor his running ability gives him will keep the Bucs honest (and unlike Vick he can actually run a passing offense... I wish everyone would get off that guys nuts... he's so one dimensional its silly).

I like Detmer against the Packers with his efficient short passing game and I think Pinkston (best hands I've seen in a LONG time) could have a huge day against them. Plus, I'd love to see Detmer do the a$$ spank to Favre again, but be on the winning side this time

You can mix and match for everyone else as I don't think they pose a threat. Oh, and if Vick plays at the Vet, he'll get hurt... BAD

Old 12-22-2002, 09:25 PM   #82
ZebraRampage

Now Playing: Borderlands 2

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Saints lost to the Bengals, that's is so horrible. They should be ashamed of themselves, and they shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs.

Old 12-22-2002, 10:45 PM   #83
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

All I can say is:

LETS SO STEELERS!!!

Old 12-23-2002, 09:45 AM   #84
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

LOL!!! YES!!!

Thgey're a PA team too so I'm allowed to root for both them and the Eagles...

Then again next week Bond is goign to be screaming "GO GIANTS!!"

Old 12-23-2002, 01:32 PM   #85
The Germanator
Banned

Now Playing: The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

Man, I'm just pissed that the Giants actually have something to play for next week...I wish it would be worthless for them so we could just go and beat up on em, but no matter what, it will probably be a close game throughout. This is only the second tough team we will have played without McNabb, so it will be another challenge that we'll hopefully be up for.

EDIT: Woohoo! With Tampa's 17-7 loss against the Steelers tonight, the Eagles have clinched at least a first round bye which will be essential in getting McNabb healthy. Now all we need is homefield...basically so we can't let the Pack get it.

Last edited by The Germanator : 12-24-2002 at 01:07 AM.

Old 12-24-2002, 11:11 AM   #86
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

You guys like that arse whoping Pittsburgh gave the no-good Bucs? You packer fans should appreciate it. Pittsburgh should win next week and leave them with a 10-5-1 record. Not too shabby considering they started out 1-3. Everyone underestimates them. Maybe this is their year....

Old 12-24-2002, 02:47 PM   #87
ZebraRampage

In the AFC there are 6 teams with the record 8-7. Those teams are the Partriots, Jets, Browns, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, and then there are the Dolphins and Colts who are 9-6. Out of the Partriots Jets and Dolphins, one of them is still has to win the division. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Last edited by ZebraRampage : 12-24-2002 at 02:55 PM.

Old 12-25-2002, 09:51 PM   #88
Stonecutter

Now Playing:

goddamn nfl. Too much parody. You really can't tell who the good teams really are. I think Philly is legit and maybe tampa bay but after monday night who the hell knows.

But the most important part of this post is to make fun of the former viking dwane rudd.

Yes Dwane, you rembember week 1, when you threw your helmet in that game against the cheifs? Yep that was it. If you hadnt done that you'd be 9 and 6 and be heading straight into the playoffs, now your team needs help to get in. I hope the fact that you're a no good thug is comforting you in this holiday season because it might just keep you home after the first of the year.

HA HA.

To the rest of the GT NFL guys, enjoy the rest of your XMAS!

Old 12-28-2002, 01:29 PM   #89
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Lets go Giants! We're the best!

EDIT: Wow, the referees completely blew two touchdowns for the Giants.

EDIT: Oh, wow, I can't believe Akers missed that field goal, very unlike him. So the game is heading to overtime..

EDIT: Oh... yes... the Packers are now the #1 seed in the NFC... yes... oh.... ah...

Last edited by Bond : 12-28-2002 at 05:32 PM.

Old 12-29-2002, 10:22 AM   #90
ZebraRampage

Don't forget, if the Packers lose and the Bucs win then Green Bay doesn't even get first round bye. Jets are hungry for the playoffs just as the Giants were, so the Packers will have their hands full and the Bucs are playing the Bears so that should be a win for them.