Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Home alone, part 51!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:34 AM   #1
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

Now Playing: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Default Home alone, part 51!

So...

Yesterday my mom was all like "Your father and I are going to go to Lexington tomorrow night, (tonight) because he has some training seminar he must attend" which actually sounded from her like this "Me and your dad, we'ra goin' to Lexington to this training thang he has ta go to."

So they're staying over-night. So I'm home alone. HOLY GOD!

So today I went to the college I'm attending and gave them some financial aid papers and tryed to get switched into another room with my friend Josh.

Then we ate at La Finca, my favorite restaurant ever, and then Ashleigh and I came to my house. Uh... Yes we were alone. Stop getting ideas you losers. =P

Then around 9:15 pm we left here and went to Arby's and got some food. Then I took her home.

Also today I picked up Megaman anniversary collection. Might I say that I had a large wet stain on my pants?

Megaman 8 is hard. Very hard, but I love it.

I can safely say this is the happiest I've been playing video games in a long time. SO MANY CLASSICS! ALL AT MY REACH! It was only 30 dollars. Well worth it anytime. Should you buy it? HELL YES!

Also megaman eight is really funny because they have horrible voice actors, but it's funny. Megaman is being voiced by a girl and doctor light has a speech impediment. LOL! Roll sounds waaaaaay too masculine.

Bass was good though. Except that called him bass as in the fish, when it should have been Bass as in the musical term, because his dog's name is treble. Capcom of America must be stupid.

Anyway, I'm a little afraid to be in my house alone, sleeping. It's just weird. *Shrug*

Re: Home alone, part 51!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:24 AM   #2
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish
Default Re: Home alone, part 51!

I bought Mega Man Anniversary collection the other day (NGC version... woulda got PS2's, but my PS2 has been kinda unreliable as of late)... And I got a bone to pick...

I havn't gotten too far into it, but it's still great because it's megaman... howeverrrrrr....

I still have Mega Man 2 on NES... I can whoop it's ass without trouble on easy (the original has easy and hard... Or maybe it's normal and hard, whatever)... And hard isn't all that much harder...

However, in the anniversary collection, having the difficulty set to normal clearly makes it hard mode (you can't choose in the individual game), bosses take more damage, some enemies that can be killed in 1 hit on easy/normal have to be killed in 2...

I struggled through some levels and switched difficulty to easy (from normal)........... It's a bit easier, but it's STILL harder than the original's easy/normal! The enemies that should be killed in one hit are still killed in 2 (and other enemies take more hits), bosses still don't take as much damage, etc yada blah... And of course, you take more...

Gruff!

Old 06-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #3
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

The games were kinda easy to begin with. I appreciate the difficulty being upped. I've been playing on normal in the options the whole time, I don't plan on changing it. Let's just say skull man raped me the first go at him...

They still fight the same way though... SO... It's still pretty easily done for me for 2-5. Then I haven't reallllly played the others. I mean I've played them, I just have not gotten so in depth with those.

It's sad how easy three is for me. I must have played it about 4 billion times as a kid. =)

I was the mack daddy of Megaman 3.

Old 06-29-2004, 01:04 PM   #4
DeathsHand
Village Idiot

Now Playing: Go Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle
The games were kinda easy to begin with. I appreciate the difficulty being upped. I've been playing on normal in the options the whole time, I don't plan on changing it. Let's just say skull man raped me the first go at him...

They still fight the same way though... SO... It's still pretty easily done for me for 2-5. Then I haven't reallllly played the others. I mean I've played them, I just have not gotten so in depth with those.

It's sad how easy three is for me. I must have played it about 4 billion times as a kid. =)

I was the mack daddy of Megaman 3.
I guess increased difficulty makes the fun (frustration -.-) last longer, but I wanted to deliver an ass kicking to MM2, and instead I was the one struggling through it and lowering the difficulty...

Old 06-30-2004, 09:42 PM   #5
TheSlyMoogle
Knight

What makes it so hard is the fact that each boss hit takes away like 1/6 of your energy. I've gotten much better at megaman. I really appreciate this though. As you may have seen in other posts, I've complained that the gaming industry is killing my gaming reflexes. Well, thank you capcom for putting a stop to that.

I just wish they would release the first 3 or eve 4 megaman X games on one disc.