Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Forza = Awesome
Old 05-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:
Default Forza = Awesome

I post this message while my drivitar completes the race for me. Too bad he sucks worse than me, but that's not the point.

This game is awesome, truly awesome. I just picked it up, but I'm loving it.

I like the way the difficulty is setup. You get a set number of points for winning the race, but you gain and lose a percentage of those points for changing certain options. Say you put it in manual transmission and turn off the racing line, you can get an additional %30 of your winnings as a bonus, an it adds up fast. Want to make it easier? Lowering the difficulty takes away the same amount.

There is so much cosmetic customization on the cars, it's not even funny.

Online play is quite fun. Drivitars kick ass.

It's no MotoGP, but it's definitely second best. But where's my 16x9, 1080i Microsoft? I thought this was the GT killer?

Anyone else getting this?

And I've still yet to try the 3 TV setup, if that made it in the game

Re: Forza = Awesome
Old 05-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Null
The Nullified One

Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Source
Default Re: Forza = Awesome

Im prolly gunna be giving it a try, borrowing it or getting it when its a reduced price.

Its very much on par with GT4, depending on what your looking at beats it and doesnt.

gameplay aspect, has Online mode, can paint cars, has a very nice damage system. Better then GT.

graphic wase, GT clearly outshines it IMO. and definently has a TON more cars.

Either way tho, FINALLY GT gets some competition. with no one to compete with, the GT series has basically stayed the same. i see great things for GT5 because of what this game is doing to its reputation. Which will in turn only make them try harder on the next Forza.

good racing times are ahead in the future!

DS Friends Code:
300 721 299 757

Wii Friends Code:
4481 4992 4915 9887

Old 05-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
DarrenMcLeod
VIP Person

Now Playing: Wii Sports, Ice Hockey, Zelda: TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null
Either way tho, FINALLY GT gets some competition. with no one to compete with, the GT series has basically stayed the same. i see great things for GT5 because of what this game is doing to its reputation. Which will in turn only make them try harder on the next Forza.

good racing times are ahead in the future!
I agree with you here. I'm glad that GT will finally have to change something other than graphics... they've barely innovated over time because they really didn't have to - the games were unmatched in their field.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
MuGen
Fuuton Rasenshuriken

Now Playing: Enchanted Arms PS3

I'd imagine with the rise of Forza, GT5 would have 1,000+ cars and have the customizability to the next level.. Wing Shop was fun but the wings they had were garbage.

GT5 should improve upon their car amount (especially with supposed power of the PS3) and then they should make it a lot more customizable with lips, spoilers, rims, skirts, bumpers, and basically make a NFSU Driving Simulator. GT5 would own if they had in depth customizing of NFSU and the driving mechanics of Gran Turismo.

Forza is a good thing for the racing game industry. Like everyone has said, The competition forces great change and improvement upon the game that is being challenged....