Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

True Tales of Treasure: The Lost Dutchman Mine
Old 06-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Neo
Former CEO

Now Playing: Silent Hill: Downpour
Default True Tales of Treasure: The Lost Dutchman Mine

Somewhere in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona there lies a rich gold mine. Strange maps inscribed on stone tablets have surfaced over the years but no one has been able to discover it's location, or at least live to tell about it.

Quote:
What strange secrets lie hidden near Superstition Mountain in Arizona? Did a lone miner really discover a fortune in lost gold here? And what strange force has caused a number of adventurers to die brutal deaths and vanish without a trace in this rugged region?

Located just east of Phoenix, Arizona is a rough, mountainous region where people sometimes go... only to never be seen again. It is a place of mystery, of legend and lore and it is called Superstition Mountain. According to history, both hidden and recorded, there exists a fantastic gold mine here like no other that has ever been seen. It has been dubbed the “Lost Dutchman Mine” over the years and thanks to its mysterious location, it has been the quest of many an adventurer... and a place of doom to luckless others.

What strange energy lingers here? What has caused dozens of people who seek the mine to vanish without a trace? Is the answer really as the Apache Indians say? Does the “Thunder God” protect this mine... bringing death to those who attempt to pillage it? Or can the deaths be linked to other causes? Are they caused, as some have claimed, by the spirits of those who have died seeking the mine before?

Let’s explore all of these questions and journey back into the haunted history of the Lost Dutchman Mine... and uncover the numerous deaths and the violence that surrounds it.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/dutchman.html