Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Video Gaming

Nintendo sponsers MTV wintersport thingies!!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:09 AM   #1
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:
Default Nintendo sponsers MTV wintersport thingies!!

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3386

Woa finally some serious advertising!! I got sick of all the PS2 stuff during soccers matches...

An extract: (you should read the rest too!)
The sponsorship deals will be focused to support Nintendo’s GameCube and the first person action adventure game Metroid Prime, that is set for release across Europe in March 2003. This sponsorship opportunity will see key Nintendo brands promoted to youth lifestyle audiences with an interest in both music and extreme sports events.

As the main headline sponsor of the Burton European Open 2003, the GameCube will bring added entertainment to this high profile event with widespread sampling for the riders and spectators, plus a specially designed Nintendo GameCube obstacle at the Night Shoot Out event and the inclusion of the ‘Best Trick on a giant Nintendo GameCube’ contest within the main event.

The GameCube obstacle will be in the same shape as the GameCube console itself, offering riders the opportunity to ‘grind’ on the obstacle to perform tricks, with the riders competing for the best trick.

Old 01-09-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
Dyne
Or should I say.. smanger

Now Playing: Infinity Blade II, Duke Nukem Forever, Skyrim, Vanquish

Yeah, I saw PS2 stuff during football games (go fig, some of the best sellers are football video games). I've also seen Gamecube sponsoring Hockey Games. I'm not suprised..