Go Back   GameTavern > House Specials > Happy Hour

Next President
Old 09-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #1
Kitana85
Celtic Cutie

Now Playing: Lego Star Wars
Default Next President

As of now, there are 9 people running for the Democratic ticket. These people are:
Ambassador Carol Moseley Braun
Governor Howard Dean
Senator John Edwards
Congressman Dick Gephardt
Senator Bob Graham
Senator John Kerry
Congressman Dennis Kucinich
Senator Joe Lieberman
Reverend Al Sharpton

As of now, Dean is in the lead, though many feel he isn't qualified, or that others could do better. So, I was wondering, who do you feel is best qualified, or has the best chance. Click Here for more information about all the candidate

and please
if all you are going to say is that you are uninterested, or that you feel Bush should remain president, this is NOT for you. Those are both valid opinions, however not for this thread.
so bring it on.

Re: Next President
Old 09-01-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Re: Next President

Dean is too far left to ever beat Bush, and I don't think the Democratic Party is behind him. I would say Kerry is the best choice right now. Although I do not see any of them having a logical chance of beating Bush as long as the market doesn't crash. Mrs. Clinton would have a very good chance of winning, but she will probably wait until 2008.

P.S. Please don't believe anything Al Sharpton says.

Old 09-01-2003, 06:28 PM   #3
Stonecutter
Knight

Now Playing:

God, what a pile of crap. Though, considering the source party, I can't say I'm suprised.

Kucinich/Kerry/Gephardt/Edwards have some potential, but even still 7 months from the primaries it doesn't look like any of them have much of a chance of knocking off Dean.

Re: Re: Next President
Old 09-01-2003, 07:28 PM   #4
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions
Default Re: Re: Next President

I'm voting for Bush but uh... I want to see Sharpton run, because it will be fun.

Old 09-01-2003, 08:31 PM   #5
Jason1
J-Dub

Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

hmmm...will I be able to vote? lets see here...nope, I think I'll miss the cut off by like a year it looks like...I was born January of 87.

There's like nobody interesting running anyways. Bush is a idiot, and ive never even heard of most of the Democratic people.

Old 09-01-2003, 08:59 PM   #6
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

From listening to Gephardt, he might have a chance because his speech is moderate, but I don't think he'll get the moderate vote as he appears to be a liberal in moderate clothing.

John Edwards is a joke. He's barely been a national political figure and he's being pushed because he's a pretty boy and women strongly tend to vote for the most attractive candidate.

Lieberman isn't good looking enough and he's Jewish, so there's no hope for him (sad but true).

Al Sharpton will draw the black vote, but not much else. I bet that Bush is PRAYING that he runs third party when he loses the primary.

The rest I don't know enough about to comment.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #7
TheGame
The Greatest One

Now Playing: Shut the hell up and quit asking me questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strangler
Al Sharpton will draw the black vote, but not much else. I bet that Bush is PRAYING that he runs third party when he loses the primary.
I know a lot of black people... and I don't know one who would vote for him if he isn't backed by the democratic party. Most in the black community think he is a joke.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:30 PM   #8
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Black candidates draw black votes, just as latino candidates draw latino votes and white candidates draw white votes. Its historically true. People vote for those they can identify with. Ask anyone who follows politics.

It got a admitted crack addict re-elected in DC, so I think Al Sharpton has a chance to draw the black vote.

Old 09-01-2003, 10:20 PM   #9
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:

I used to live in Massachusetts before I moved to Maryland, so John Kerry was my Senator. I rather liked him. He's a moderate, socially progressive but economically conservative. My kind of politician in other words. Plus he's well-spoken, smart and has a great service record in Vietnam. You may say that his military experience doesn't matter much, but it matters something to a Vietnamese person.

Plus there's a picture of him standing with my grandmother.

Between him and Bush, I'm not sure who I would vote for. I think I would vote for John Kerry. I don't think Bush was a terrible president, but I think we can do better.

I don't take any of the other Democratic candidates seriously.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed

Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #10
Jonbo298
Freaky me Freaky you

Now Playing:

Right now, I would probably vote for Howard Dean. Most of his views and whatnot are either close or what I believe in. Plus, I love when people are outspoken. Too quiet is stupid

Credit to Null for sig

Old 09-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #11
mickydaniels
Key Change at the Coda

Now Playing: Street Fighter IV

Two people have absolutely no shot. Lieberman, because he's Jewish; Sharpton, because he's black.

Hopefully Sharpton could get out there and get more exposure because he almost always brings up stuff that no one wants to talk about.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:19 AM   #12
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantar
I used to live in Massachusetts before I moved to Maryland, so John Kerry was my Senator. I rather liked him. He's a moderate, socially progressive but economically conservative. My kind of politician in other words. Plus he's well-spoken, smart and has a great service record in Vietnam. You may say that his military experience doesn't matter much, but it matters something to a Vietnamese person.

Plus there's a picture of him standing with my grandmother.

Between him and Bush, I'm not sure who I would vote for. I think I would vote for John Kerry. I don't think Bush was a terrible president, but I think we can do better.

I don't take any of the other Democratic candidates seriously.
After reading your post John Kerry sounds like my type of guy too. I'm all for social programs as long as the money is watched closely and doesn't end up in the pockets of those it was never intended (see California).

Your post intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

As for Howard Dean... why not just dig up Karl Marx and run him for office? No chance. Way too liberal.